Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Saturday P-Day

Buenos dias mi familia! Como estan?

It feels REALLY weird to be having a p-day on a Saturday... first off, it feels like we JUST had one, and also, it actually feels like a Saturday. For example, we got up and cleaned the apartment. We all just feel a little off. 

I wish I could tell you that I knew what was happening with transfers but I have no idea! We won't find out until Monday and if I get moved I will have been there for about a week by the time I write home. However, I am hoping to stay here with Hermana Buttars! She honestly is the best companion in the world.

This week went by pretty quickly but I think that a lot of things still happened! Last week I talked a little bit about Marisol and Melisa. They are still my favorite. When we stopped by to see them this week we taught the restoration and they loved it. We asked them to read the 1st chapter of the Book of Mormon and not only did they read it by themselves, but they read it together, discussed it, and wrote down questions. They are perfect. On Thursday we had an appointment with their parents but the dad, the member, wasn't there. Usually the mom doesn't invite us in if he isn't there but she invited us in and talked to us. She told us that she really wanted a church to go to on Sundays, her family to be centered on God, and the peace of the spirit in their home. We did a how to begin teaching lesson with her to explain our purpose as missionaries and what we teach and she got really excited. She loves the fact that we are teaching her daughters as well. So now we will teach the daughters in English on one day and the mom in Spanish another day.

 Yesterday we taught Melissa and Marisol the Plan of Salvation and they got really excited to know that there is actually a purpose to this life! I realized just how sad this life would be if we didn't know that there was a purpose for all of this. Thanks to my wonderful family I have known about my purpose my whole life! I have always understood that when we go through hard times it is to help us become better, I have understood that Jesus Christ died for me so that I can live with God again.... how many people don't know that?! It made me so extremely happy to be able to share that message with them and help them see how God loves them so much that he created a plan for them. I just wish I could go and teach every single person this wonderful message. I am trying my best but I just need to wait and find the prepared people. :) I am learning so much!!!

These past couple weeks I have really been studying a lot about the Sacrament. I know why we take it, but I realized that I didn't really understand it. I was reading in the scriptures, old conference talks, etc to find anything I could about it. It has been an amazing experience for me to be able to understand the sacrament better in my life. I don't know if you remember the talk "The Sacrament and the Atonement" by Elder James Hamula but that talk really changed my understanding of the Sacrament and made it so much more real in my life. It has shown me what it means and why it is so important. It was a really cool experience. It also taught me that when we don't understand something, we can actually study it out! That is how the Lord can answer our questions. I had been praying about it and then He guided me to the answers. The sacrament is important in our lives. It is vital that we take it every week so that we not only have the opportunity to repent, but to be clean. It makes me so sad that some people deny themselves of the opportunity to take the sacrament because they are offended by someone's actions. We don't go to church just to socialize... but to become better, become clean, and serve. 

This week was a really good week. I love looking back on the mission and seeing how much I have grown. Before I knew the gospel, now because of the things that I am experiencing, I understand the Gospel. I can apply it a lot more in my life because I understand why these things are so important. I hope that each and every one of you have time to remember, and understand why these things are important to you.

I hope that you have an amazing week! Thank you so much for the package and the really cute shirt!!!!

I love you all so very much!

Love,
Hermanita Morey 



UPDATE: We found out that this transfer she and her companion were named the new Sister Training Leaders!



"Umm say hello to the brand new Sister Training Leaders!! First Spanish STLs in 7 months!"

No comments:

Post a Comment