Monday, September 14, 2015

Labor Day

Hello family and friends!!

This week has been crazy busy!! It all started with a call last Sunday from the APs. They called to let us know that not only would we be staying together but that we would be the new Sister training leaders!! We couldn't believe it. We are the first Spanish STLs In Over seven months. We are in charge of the Northern Spanish sisters and it should be really fun! Then we had the mission conference in Monday, wow. That conference was Amazing! I felt the spirit so strongly and was left with such a desire to do better with all aspects of missionary work. One thing that Elder Gaye talked about that I loved was mobilizing all missionaries. He talked about how we aren't the only missionaries in our area but that the members are as well and that we have to activate them. We have been working hard but we need ideas. What would personally help,you to want to do missionary work?
We don't want to be annoying, we just want to help people understand!

This week was also a good week with investigators. On Sunday Aileen, Marisol, and Melissa all came to church..... Not only that..... But they all came fasting for an answer to their prayers. We had amazing lessons with them this past week and they all chose to fast. It really was so amazing to know that they sincerely want an answers to their prayers.

On another note, we got 2 dinners 2 days in a row. I was so extremely full!! You know when you feel so full that you just think that you might die? Yeah. That happened 3 days in a row. Good thing it was fast Sunday! I wasn't even hungry! Speaking of fast Sunday... I was sitting in sacrament meeting when I had the feeling that I needed to go up and bear my testimony. I have never felt that in my life! I ignored it and said not today. Then Hermana Buttars turns to me and says that she had a feeling that we needed to go and bear our testimonies... Oh dear. I knew I was in trouble at that point. But we gathered up all of our courage and went up and bore our testimonies. I was still so nervous.
It went well though and my Spanish worked... Miracles!! Then after we went another elder went up to share his testimony. Afterward he said that he had the feeling to go up there but ignored  it until he saw us go up there. Then he could only think about how scared we must have been up there trying to speak in Spanish and since it is his first language he should be willing to go up there without fear. I thought that was a really cool story.

Thank you so much for everything that you are all doing for me. I love you all so very much! I hope that you have an amazing week and know that I am praying for you daily!!!

Love,
Hermana Morey


No comments:

Post a Comment