Monday, September 14, 2015

Testifying of Christ

Buenos Dias!!!

Hello my dear family and friends! How are you doing on this lovely September morning? I hope that you all enjoyed your labor day and that you got to rest a little bit! 

This week was good. I honestly can't really remember what happened. It all seems like a blur. How does that even happen? You live through each moment but when you go back to remember it... it is just a blur. Oh well! I can tell you what I do remember!

This week we worked really really hard. Aileen had a baptismal date for the 19th and we realized that she had kind of forgotten about it. We had an AMAZING lesson with her by going through the baptismal interview questions, answering any questions that she had, and helping her realize that she is in fact ready. She told us that she knows that everything that we talk about is true. She knows it! She said that she also would get baptized but she is still worried about what her extended family and friends will think. It is hard because her 15 year old sister said that she won't talk to her again if she does get baptized etc. we know that isn't true but I don't think that Aileen realizes that. She said that she wanted a little more time to pray about it by herself and that she would let us know. We realized that she meant that she wanted to talk to her sister but we bore our testimonies and left. The next day, Sunday, she didn't come to church. I was so extremely sad. We had dinner with her family and when we asked why she didn't come she said that she didn't want to. That was when her mom saved everything. Her mom is a recent convert and it is usually hard to have lessons with her there because she can talk! However, her mom just finally stood up and said "Which hour of the church is the most important." Both girls started to think and one said the 2nd hour and the other said the 3rd. The mom just said NO and then proceeded to talk about the importance of the sacrament, all that Christ did for us, how He only asks a little of us, etc. It. was. amazing. I couldn't believe it. It was PERFECT! We still don't know when she will get baptized but now we know that her mom will help her understand the why behind it.

On Saturday night we had a lesson with Marisol and Melissa at their friend Maggie's house. We had pizza and watched Meet the Mormons while her brother made us homemade cookies and cream ice cream. It was such a good lesson and Marisol and Melissa understood a lot more about what we believe and what we sacrifice as missionaries to be here teaching them. It went really well but then they also didn't come to church on Sunday. we still haven't figured out why but we will see them tonight. Why does Satan work so hard on the best people?!?!

This week was really hard because Satan really attacked me on feeling like the worst missionary in the world. I felt like a failure and at one point I even was just praying and felt that instead of being an instrument for God to work through that I was just a hindrance. It was super hard. Then when nobody came to church it just made everything worse. However, as we went about our day yesterday litterally the only things we taught were about Jesus Christ, the Atonement, etc. I realized that is what we do as missionaries. We testify of Christ. All of the lessons are good, but the most important thing is Christ. He is why we are baptized, why we take the sacrament, why we read the Book of Mormon. As I realized that an overwhelming sense of peace just filled my whole body. Even though I am so extremly far from perfect, He chose ME to be here right now, in Fontana California, being His representative. He knows my weaknesses but he will make them strengths and I keep working hard to be better. I hope that is something that you can all realize as well. Heavenly loves us even though we make mistakes. He just invites us to come unto him so that we can overcome these weaknesses. I am so grateful for the humbling experiences on my mission because that is when I feel the most that I am relying on my savior and am becoming who God wants me to be.

Sorry for the little rant. The mission is still good! We start going on exchanges this coming week so I will let you know how that goes! I feel like an STL (sister training leader) is just a normal missionary who goes on more exchanges. :) I am excited to learn from these sisters and try to help them as well.

I hope that you have an amazing week! I love you and am sending prayers your way. Please let me know if I can do anything for you!!!

Love,
Hermanita Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment