Monday, September 28, 2015

Bitter & Sweet

Buenos dias!!! Como estan? Como le fue con su semana? Ojala que todo esta bien con ustedes!

This week was such a good week!!!!! Remember how last week wasn't? Yeah, that didn't last long! I feel like so much has happened so I will try my best to tell you everything and not just jump around all crazy-like.

To start out, we had our mission conference this past Tuesday! It. Was. POURING. Rain. Seriously, the roads were super dangerous and a lot of people don't know how to drive in the rain so we had to be extra careful. We felt terrible because during that conference we had Representatives from Salt Lake City putting in the new TIWI units into our cars. The TIWI is this little black box on our windshield that watches our driving. If we are going faster than the speed limit a loud voice says "CHECK YOUR SPEED!" Talk about mini heart attacks! You then have 6 seconds to slow down or you will get a mark on your driving report. It is also programmed to make sure that you are doing dumb things. I feel like that is the best way to describe it. It can tell if you are going too fast around corners, if you catch air in the car, that you are wearing your seat-belt etc. Now we are really good drivers! But the reps had to stay outside in the pouring rain and put those in.

Other than that the conference was really good! We talked a lot about working with members, and working harder, with more faith, to achieve our goals. I really liked the conference and I always feel the spirit!

This week we also went on exchanges. I went to Rialto with Hermana Lutu. Have I talked about her before? I think so. Either way, she is amazing. She is honestly my best friend here in the mission and this exchange was something that we both needed. She started crying in the morning about the stress of training, fixing an area where missionaries had been super disobedient, etc, and then we went out and had an amazing day of teaching, and then I broke down later that night as we talked about the mission. I didn't realize how deeply my feelings of inadequacy, and failure were rooted into my heart. I guess that most of the time I just feel like I am failing the Lord. Hermana Lutu was perfect and said exactly what I needed to hear. Since we have served around each other our whole missions it helps that we know what the other person has gone through this whole time. It was just really good!

I thought this was hilarious. While we were on exchanges we tried to visit this investigator but his wife wasn't home so we couldn't go in. However, this little girl darts out of the apartment and gives me a big hug while saying "Hello! My name is Daisy!" Then... she darted back inside and quickly as she had come... I wanted to say "Hey! Me too!" 

This week we had the most amazing street contact in the history of street contacts. We had an impression to go visit a referral, who is NEVER home, and we had to park around the corner and walk a little bit to get there. When we parked their was this girl sitting on a little fence, she was probably about 18, hipster/goth mix, smoking, etc. We decided to go and talk to her. When we started to introduce ourselves she said that she new who we were and that the missionaries stopped by every Thursday to talk to her sister. She started to tell us how her sister was recently baptized and that her mom was a member when she started to sob. Literally sob. It was so sad! She went on to explain that her mom died a month ago, that they were now living with their aunt, and that she was really struggling. We talked to her about the Book of Mormon, which she has seen help her sister during this time, and talked about how Christ understands. She accepted a Book of Mormon and said that she would listen to the missionaries the next day. When we stopped by to check up on her she was doing so much better and was planning on going to church. God really does prepare the way!

Last thing, sorry this is so long!!!! This past week all of the missionaries in our ward decided to fast for 2 of our investigators. In the end only 4 of 6 did it but the outcome was amazing. While we were all fasting yesterday.... miracles happened. I have never seen the church so full in my LIFE! There wasn't enough room for everyone to fit. We had a ton of investigators there, and a TON of less actives, members decided to bring their friends, etc. It was the best sacrament meeting in the whole world. I have never had such a strong testimony that fasting brings blessings. Usually, to be perfectly honest, I just fast because I know I should, this past week I truly saw the difference. The Lord can honestly work Miracles but sometimes he waits for us to truly sacrifice until He will give us the blessings. I realized that if we hadn't had such a bad week last week we wouldn't have been able to feel the extreme joy that we felt yesterday when we were able to see the blessings from our labor. I felt like Ammon in Alma 26, I just wanted to praise God for His mercy that he is always giving us. It was amazing.

Thank you so much for reading all of this... and for your prayers in my behalf. I can feel them strengthening me and changing my life and the lives of those we are teaching. I love and pray for you all! Have a wonderful week!!!

Love,
Hermana Morey

P.S. Melissa and Marisol are getting baptized either October 3rd or 10th!!! Miracles!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment