Monday, August 24, 2015

Following the Spirit

Buenos dias!!! Como estan? Como fue su semana?

So... where did August go? I feel like it is still June. I feel like I say that every week but time just seems to keep getting faster and faster. I can't believe that today I hit my 15 month mark and that I will fly home in just 3 months. Didn't I just get here? I feel like there is so much to do before then!

Before I forget.... I will NOT  be emailing next week!!! We are having a mission conference with Elder Gay so our P-day got moved to THIS Saturday. So I will have 2 preparations days this week and none next week. I feel like I am back in the MTC. Do you remember how weird that schedule was? I just wanted to remind you so that you can email for Saturday. :)

This week has been a really good week! I feel like I have learned and grown so much. I get a lot of questions on how I am doing and how is my companion. She is wonderful. Seriously, she is one of my favorites. We both just try and find ways to serve each other and it gets a little crazy sometimes. For example, I have made it a habit to get make her bed all ready before she goes to bed, I have time because she always showers at night. However, last week she did mine for me. So, last night I unmade them both and then quickly went to grab something. When I walked back in I was surprised to see that she had actually made my bed. As in, how I would make in the morning. For some reason it was so extremely funny that we laughed for a good ten minutes. I think she really enjoyed the look of confusion on my face. I love her so much and really hope that we get to spend another transfer together. She is a great missionary and she has taught me so much about making sure we use our time 100% effectively. I can't even express in words how much I have loved this transfer.

This week I have also learned a lot about listening to the spirit. There have been several times when I have felt the need to do something and then talked myself out of it.... and then things went really badly. For example. We have one investigator named Jesus. He is 25 and he is super smart and really nice. However, he is addicted to Alcohol. When I first met him he was drunk for about 2 weeks. It was really sad. However, he completely turned around decided to build up his life and then... Friday. We decided to stop by and visit him on Friday and he wasn't there. So we called him to make sure he wasn't there before we left, he answered and sounded nervous and said that he was with his "homeboys." That didn't sound good. I had a very strong feeling to say "Jesus, DON"T DO IT!!!" However, I told myself, he is doing well, he would get super offended if I said that... etc. So, I didn't say any of it. The next day he called us SUPER drunk. I was so upset with myself. We saw him that night and he was a little better and I had a good talk with him. I could feel the love that the savior has for him and then I felt that God was disappointed in me for not following a prompting. I felt terrible. Then yesterday, we had an appointment with Aileen and Natalie. We confirmed it, we were super excited. So, Aileen is 17 and wants to get baptized, Natalie is 15 and doesn't like mormons. She is super nice to us but doesn't want to listen, their mom is a recent convert. Yesterday we got a text from Natalie saying that they weren't going to be home so we shouldn't show up. (Usually she is super nice so we didn't think anything of it.) We both had a feeling that we should text the mom and make sure but we talked ourseves out of it by saying, they would be offended that we are doubting Natalie, etc. At 8:45, over an HOUR after our appointment the mom called and asked why we didn't show up. I felt terrible. I couldn't believe that I had ignored 2 major promptings of the spirit. Last night I prayed for so long pleading for forgiveness and I realized that I had my President Monson moment and committed myself to never ignore a prompting no matter how bold, or weird it may be. 

Yesterday was also good because we had a lesson with Marisol and Melissa. They are 21 and 17 and they are the BEST!!!! They are so interested in learning and they are the most prepeared people that I have ever met. I love them so much. They listen sincerely, they pray sincerely, and they believe that this is true. I have never felt the spirit so strongly in a lesson in my whole mission. I love knowing that God and his angels are preparing the people before we even talk to them. I know that there are so many people helping us on the other side that I feel God loves so often in the mission. I can't explain it but it is the best feeling in the whole world!!! I wish everyone could feel this way. I just feel so good!!!!

I am sorry this is a little long and I ranted a little bit. I hope it helped you as much as it helped me! I love this Gospel. I know that it is true and that it is the only way that we can have lasting happiness. I am so excited to keep learning and doing the work of my master. 

I hope you all had a wonderful week. if there is ANYTHING that I can do for you please let me know!!! I send all of my love from here in SoCal!!

Love always,
Hermanita Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment