Monday, August 3, 2015

He Will Deliver Us

Happy August!!!

 I can't believe that it is actually August. I never though I would make it to July let alone August. Where is all of the time going?!?!?! It is really interesting because in my District there are 3 of us going home on the same day so I finally have someone who can relate to how I am feeling. However, all of the missionaries that I am serving with in my ward still have a year left. So that helps me stay focused on working hard. I love that!

This week was a really good week. It went by so quickly that I can't remember everything that happened. However, I know that it went well! When we got iPads the referrals that every area has received in the last 2 years was updated so this area ended up getting about 50 referrals and since it looks like we just got them we get to try and contact them again. It has actually been a really good experience. Even though some people still don't want to listen we have met some really good people. Hermana Buttars is really good about being optimistic so that makes it really fun to talk to people. We have also had some really interesting encounters with some people so that always keeps us entertained. Even though it is hard it has been really fun!

Hermana Buttars tried her first Helote this week! It was really fun and even though it was messy she enjoyed it. Yesterday as we were getting ready for church we didn't see what the other person was wearing until we were about to leave. It turns out that we were both wearing the exact same colors and just had a matching day. A lot of people commented on it and we just laughed. It is funny how as companions you just start to think alike! I really love her and I am really enjoying serving with her. 

We also have had really interesting lessons with two recent converts this week. The difference between the two of them is the fact that one is doing what  they should be, such as reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, etc. while the other one has not. They are both wonderful people but it has been such an amazing experience to see the difference between the two. The first one has been really working hard to live worthy of the covenants they made at baptism. Before her baptism she had a little bit of a rough background and had an aggressive tendency. This past week there were 3 people at her work that were bullying her and it even got to the point where one pushed her. Normally, she would have turned around and just punched them but she knew that wasn't right so she said a prayer to help her, walked away, and then called us to help her calm down so that she could be worthy of her covenants with God. That was so amazing to me because I know a lot of times when things get hard I don't think "would this be something good that will help me be worthy of that covenant that I made with God?" I think I will start doing that. The second person is super friendly and fun to be around. I really like teaching them! However, they have not been living up to their covenants, they aren't reading, they aren't happy, and now they are dealing with the consequences of actions that they made while knowing that it was wrong. The first person is happy, the second person is not. As we strive to keep the commandments and do what God has planned for us, we will be happy. It won't be easy, but God will give us the strength to move forward. I love the scripture Alma 58:11.....

"Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him."

Even though we will still have trails, we have the faith and the hope that God will bless us. He will never forget about us and even though he won't take away our challenges, he will give us the strength to overcome them. As long as we are living worthy of His help. 

The work is amazing! I wish that everyone could have this opportunity to share the Gospel. Hermana Buttars and I were talking about it and we realized that the mission is so hard because we are constantly trying to put off the natural man. it is a daily fight. We are constantly trying to forget about ourselves and serve others. It never comes naturally but it makes us so happy. I love how the mission has given me a chance to learn and to grow. I just hope that I can take all the things that I am learning and put them to use in my own life when I go home.

I love you all so very much. I say that every week but it is true. Don't worry about me, I am doing well and loving every moment. Remember, you can do hard things! 

Love,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment