Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Zone Champion

Malo e lelei!!!

Yes, I speak Tongan. Didn't you know? Fefe hake?  How are you doing?! I can't believe that August is already half way over! You probably didn't knotice but I accidentally typed in May and then caught my mistake and fixed it.. awkward! 

This week has been really really good! To start out, I went on Exchanges and I got to go to the Tongan ward with Sister Peterson! It was a blast. Everyone was super nice and I learned how to say a couple phrases in Tongan. I am super not good at them but it was fun. I also got to try Lamb. I think the best part though was the fact that we got to leave the mission boundaries! Since the Tongan area is HUGE it covers up to Moreno Valley. I never thought it would be so exciting to leave the area but Riverside is pretty nice.  It was an exchange full of experiences. Sister Peterson is one of the most loving people that I have ever met and is really good at making everyone feel loved and that she is genuinely interested in you. I really need to work on that!

Also, today we had a really fun P-Day. We get to play Zone sports once a transfer and we did that today! This was my first time because my other zones haven't done it. We played soccer outside but it was too hot so we went into the Stake Center and played Chair soccer. It was so much fun! We were all just running around and laughing. It was good exercise! I am also please to announce that the last two people in were my companion and I and she let me win. :) She is the best. I love her so much! so now I can say that I am the Zone Champion at chair soccer. 

This week we had a mini missionary for a day! It was a last minute thing but on Tuesday night our roommates got home and told us that we would be having one of President Van Cott's niece come out with us on a day long "mini-mission." Her name was Adria. She is from Utah and is 17 years old. She came and did studies with us and then came to a couple lessons. it was a lot of fun to have her and we really hope that she enjoyed her experience... It was a little odd having her because she was in jeans and was really shy so she didn't talk much. However, she was a really good sport about everything and made it a fun day.

This week has been my miracle week. I have been praying very hard that we might be able to find people to teach and in one day we found 3 people who live on one street who have all been prepared by the Lord. We had great conversations with them and even though they said that they aren't interested right now, I know we made a difference in their lives. All of them were super friendly and told us to come back whenever we wanted. It was amazing because it showed me that the Lord really does have control of His work. Things don't happen in my timetable... but in His. Doesn't that make more sense? Why do I always want things to happen in my time?! 

Also, our investigators area progressing really well!!! We have an investigator named Bishop who is 17 and not religious at all. however, this week he was really able to notice how the Lord has been preparing him to accept the gospel and be baptized even though his family makes fun of him for being religious. Another investigator named Aileen had a dream that she and her sister died. They went to the other world and got a card. They were super happy because they got the same card until they saw that everyone else around them had a magical card. They had something that Aileen didn't. Unfortunately in her dream she had to go to what she thought was Hell. She woke up super scared and had a very strong feeling that she needed to work harder to find out if our church is true or not. Now she is reading the Book of Mormon, praying daily, coming to church, etc. She wants to get baptized but is worried because she knows her extended family will make fun of her.

I am so extremely grateful for a family that supports and loves me. I can't even imagine going through what they are going through. They are youth but they are so much stronger than I am. We are really trying to help them notice the answers to their prayers and helping them recognize the spirit. This work is amazing!!!! There is really nothing else that I would rather be doing right now. I would wish that it were 20 degrees colder... but I can live with this.

Ofa Lahi Atu! I love you all so very much. I hope you know that I know that this church is true. I would not still be here if it wasn't. I hope that you all have a wonderful week! You are all such great examples to me. :)

Happy Birthday Zack!!! I hope you have a great day!!! I know it isn't until Sunday... but... I get to be the first to say it!!!

Love always,
Hermana Clarissa Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment