Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Menudo

Hello family and friends!!

How are you on this beautiful August afternoon? Happy birthday mom!!! I hope that you are having a wonderful day and that you get plenty of "Love mom time" from the girls. 

This week has been really good! It has been a little hard but overall it has gone well. We have continued trying to contact people and we even almost had luck with one of them! She invited us back and then found out that we were LDS not Christian, and then didn't want us to come over. We talked to her for a little bit about our religion and she basically called us false prophets. For some reason I wasn't mad, or upset. Just sad. I was sad because she was so nice and I wanted her to be able to have the gospel in her life. I felt sad that she was turning it down. 

This week we had some really good food. We had Papusas, sopes, and Seviche. Seviche is a dish where they cut up shrip, and other fish, and cook it in lemon. then they mix it with cucumbers, onions, cilantro, tapatio sauce, etc. It is SO good!!!! It is one of my favorite things that we eat over here. I need to learn to make Mexican food. 

So, fun experience of the week.... Actually I wouldn't use the world fun for this one... In spanish the phrase "a menudo" means often. However, the word Menudo means a soup with boiled cow stomach in broth. I was super excited because I had made it through my WHOLE mission without eating it. Most people understand that we don't like food like that, however, yesterday was when it all changed when a bowl of menudo was placed in front of me. So, one thing I have learned in the mission is that you eat everything whether it was good or not. However, it was the worst thing I have ever eaten. I would rather sit there with everyone putting there feet all over me than to try and eat it again. I think the texture was the worst part. One side of it was fuzzy, almost like tongue. Ugh. It was the only time that I didn't eat most of it. I did try, but in the end it just made me throw up. I felt so bad! We told the story to some members and they just laughed and laughed! It is really funny to look back on! Hermana Buttars couldn't even try a piece of it. It is super funny now. :)

We need people to teach. That was the theme of the week. Some of our investigators asked us to stop coming, others just aren't progressing, etc. We are working so hard to find people to teach. Some people may think that is because we want more baptisms. that is not true. We want others to be able to have the happiness that we have seen in our life. That has been something that has really stood out to me this week. We aren't here to tell people that they are wrong, and that we are right. We just testify to them of what we have done, and felt, and that we know is true. We literally just try and guide them to be able to have their own personal relationship with God. That is the most important part of missionary work. We want people to know that they have a loving Father in Heaven. I hope that you all know that as well!!

I am so happy here. As much as I miss all of you I absolutely love serving the Lord. Is there really anything better than I could be doing right now? I know that this work is true. I know that God loves each one of us and that he will always be there to fight our battles. Sometimes we try and fight them alone, however, he will always be waiting until we are ready to let him help us. 

I hope you all have an amazing week!!!!

Love,
Hermanita Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment