Thursday, July 30, 2015

Earthquakes and Good Weeks

Buenos tardes mi familia! Como estan?! Como esta la clima en Utah?

This week was SOO good!!! I don't feel like I have had a week like this in a long time. I was super excited when I had learned about being transferred but at the same time I was really sad. Honestly, I was having a mini pitty-party and was thinking that I hadn't helped anyone in that area and that nobody was going to really notice that I had gotten transferred. I know that isn't important but I was a little sad. That night however Heavenly Father heard my little prayers. For some reason we randomly had a dinner that night. (Usually we don't have members feed us on Monday nights) We ate with Hermana Valdez who I like a lot and when we told her that I was leaving she looked super upset. Then, she started to cry. She kept saying how we were the first missionaries that actually made her feel important. That we cared about what she had to say and even went out of our way to say hello to her. She then told me that whenever I want to come back, with family or by myself, she has several open rooms awaiting me. My heart was filled with such extreme gratitude and love. Even when we are a little sad, especially when it seems like something small, Heavenly Father shows us that he cares about us and that He does love us. 

It was really hard to say goodbye the people that I had been serving with for the past 4 months but now I am in Fontana and I am loving it!! My companion is Hermana Buttars. She is from Garland Utah, she is 19, a hard worker, and has been out for about 6 months. I love her so much! She is really dedicated to her work and has taught me so much about "leaving it all on the field." I have never been so tired but I also think that I have never been so happy! We have spent a lot of time trying to get to know people and teaching. We teach really well together. This area is super great! We have a lot of Recent Converts that we are working with and investigators as well. Surprisingly enough, most of the investigators that we have right now are youth! mostly from the ages of 15-30. It has been so wonderful to see that this age group has taken a stand and decided that what they want to do right now, is to have a relationship with God. I wish I had been better at everything like reading my scriptures and such at that age! 

Fun fact! On Friday morning at about 5:50 I work up to a HUGE clang!! It didn't surprise me because we live right next to the train tracks and there are always trains passing by.... but then I noticed that everything was shaking! It didn't last very long but I finally felt my first earthquake. It wasn't bad and it left just as quickly as it had started but it was kind of fun.

I hope you all know how much I love this mission. Even though it is hard, exhausting, frustrating, etc, it is honestly one of the most fulfilling things that I have ever done. It makes it so much easier to look back and see how much God has been able to work through me than to look back and realize that I just wasted my day away. As I have become aware that this is the Lords time and have strived to dedicate all this time to Him, I have noticed so many miracles, so much love, happiness, and joy! The Gospel really just brings us blessings. I wish more people could realize that. I am here trying to help them know that there is hope and that God loves them. I wish I could do this forever. 

Thank you so much for everything. I love you all, I love the Lord, and I love serving. 

Love always,
Hermana Morey




No comments:

Post a Comment