Monday, March 2, 2015

The End of the Drought

Hola mis amigos y familia! Como estan?

Yo estoy muy bien! Realmente esta semana fue una semana buena. It didn't seem or look like we had a lot of success this week but we did our best and are happy about it! 

On Wednesday we had exchanges and contrary to what we both had been thinking I ended up staying in the area with Sister Sommers. She doesn't speak any spanish so I was teaching almost everything and translating everything else. For one thing, I realized that my Spanish is a lot better than I thought it was! Plus, I realized that people in this area like me more than I thought they did. It was so much fun working with Sister Sommers. We are fairly similar so we had so many things to talk about and to learn from each other! 

This week we worked a lot with Less-Actives. This is because if people would come to church, we would have a ward! For example, yesterday we had maybe 35 people in church. We don't really have anyone to fill callings because they aren't active enough to fulfill their callings. We are working so hard on that. Most people don't come because they just want to relax. They work a lot and then Sunday is their only day to rest and they just want to rest. One good thing is that I have learned how important going to church is through teaching it so many times! I really love this little branch even will all of the little problems. :) 

So, last week I mentioned that I had played the piano in Relief Society. I thought, hey it is just Relief Society, I can do that! However, Elder Nickle just got emergency transferred out and he was an amazing piano player! So.. therefore the new Elder does not play. So I am playing in sacrament meeting!!! My worst nightmare. :) Just kidding, It isn't that bad I just wish that I had more time to practice! You were right mom... I should have learned the hymns before my mission. I admit it now. 

Hermana Jepperson's knee went crazy this week! She was in so much pain and I felt so bad for her! One day as we were about to leave she just couldn't even walk. So as she went to lay down I ran here and there taking care of her. I made her a sick bed, she didn't have a blanket so I used a giant scarf that was in our apartment, I gave her our dried roses for flowers, m&ms, and her heating pack. Then we just talked to help distract her. It was really random and funny. She is feeling a lot better now though!

As I began my fast on Saturday night I prayed that Heavenly Father would end the drought in this area. Then I clarified and said the drought of people to teach. However, Heavenly Father apparently understood it to mean both because it Poured rain yesterday! That was desperately needed down here in the desert. I think it was an answer to everyone's prayers.

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything that you do for me. I appreciate every thought and prayer. 

Love always,
Hermana Morey 





No comments:

Post a Comment