Monday, March 16, 2015

All the Emotions

Buenas tardes mi familia! Como estan?

This week was a really good week. We have been able to keep ourselves really busy and working hard! 

So, I am going to tell you about one fun thing that we did yesterday for the Ruiz family. They are one of my favorite families in this branch. They do everything for us! They always call us to make sure that we have dinner and then feed us when we don't, they drove us to the zoo and took us to breakfast, and so much more. She even offered to teach us how to make Chile Reyenos! So, to say thank you we made a TON of hearts and wrote nice things all over them and last night we stuck them to their garage door, knocked, and then ran like there was no tomorrow! We were feeling so happy when we went back to our apartment and then the unexpected happened 30 minutes later.... our doorbell rang. That NEVER happens! We opened the door and they had done the same thing to us and gave us Kit Kats. It was such a fun little battle! I am going to miss them so much.

This week has been so hot!!! It is March and it has been in the upper 90s ever day. Everyone is worried about this summer because it will just be even hotter. Good thing I am staying down here! ;) Wish me luck.

We have been struggling with the investigators this week. We had some great lessons but then we couldn't see them throughout the rest of the week so they didn't make any progress. We have some great plans for them this week. We have finally figured out how to be bold but not overbearing! If we aren't bold and tell them the consequences they aren't going to see a reason to change. Would you change if someone told you to change but didn't tell you why? Probably not... it is the same with them. As missionaries we are afraid to do this because we don't want to hurt their feelings. This isn't good because it is their salvation! This isn't a game, we aren't perfect but we have to try our best. :) 

This week has been a little rough on our emotions. Hna Jepperson and I knew that one of us would be leaving the area because we knew that we both would be training. So, we have been preparing for that and we both felt that she was leaving. Then, we both felt like they were taking us both out, then I had a feeling that I was leaving, and then that I was staying.... etc. Last night right as soon as the phone rang for us to find out about transfers I KNEW that I would be leaving. It turns out that Hna Jepperson is staying in the area and that I am leaving! I thought that I would go back to Rialto 3rd and just open that area again... but the Lord has other plans. I am going to White-wash into the Thermal ward! That means that I am opening the area to Spanish sisters again and I don't know the area, and my new trainee won't know the area so we are just going to have to work things out I guess! I am so extremely nervous. However, I just feel an overwhelming sense of peace about this transfer. That is such a blessing! I know that I have told the Lord that I will do His will.... but I don't always mean it. I think that my way will be so much better and happier, however, that is never true! I may want  to take the easy way, but He wants me to take the best way. I am so excited to see what I need to learn this next transfer. So, to Indio here I come!!!

I love you all so much and I hope that you know that! I am loving my time out here serving the Lord and even though I don't always know what to expect, I know that it will be what the Lord needs for me! 

Have the most wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment