Tuesday, February 24, 2015

In Sickness & In Health




Hello Family and Friends!!!

How was your week? I can't believe that February is almost over. Time is just flying by now. tomorrow I hit my 9 month mark in the mission. Half way?!?! I can't believe it! I thought the mission was going to go on forever and now I will be starting the downward spiral to going home. I have hit the point in my mission where I just want to keep serving! At least I still have 9 more months. :) That is actually a pretty long time!

This week was a lot better and worse than last week. I think every week just needs to have ups and downs. It has been good because we were able to see a LOT of people this week! We had lessons with families that we hadn't been able to see in a while and we have seen so many miracles. It amazes me how powerful the Priesthood is and how powerful the Holy Ghost is. This week we had a Priesthood blessing and the effects were amazing. We are able to feel the Spirit so much stronger here in our area. Another amazing miracle was that we were about to go and visit an investigator that we hadn't been able to see in a while. However, as soon as we got to the door we both had an overwhelming feeling that we needed to leave immediately. So, we both turned around and walked back into the car. As we were about to drive away we saw that her husband was there with someone else. It was scary but we know that the Lord protects us when we listen to Him. That is the main part! We have to LISTEN!!!! (Obviously act on what He tells us. :))

The Bad part about this week is that we were both really sick! It started with Hermana Jepperson. She was feeling wonderful after exercising, and told me so, and then 20 minutes later she threw up and was sick for the rest of the day. Then, the next day I was feeling really sick until Friday when I finally threw up. We don't know what we were sick with but we just know that it is finally gone! Throwing up as a missionary really isn't fun. Fortunately we just took care of each other and did the best and most that we could do.

Mom, you are going to be so proud of me! I played the piano in Relief Society! Yesterday was just Missionary Sunday. For real. I said the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting and one of the elders said the closing. Hermana Jepperson led the music while the other elder played the piano. then we taught Relief Society, I played the piano, and Hermana Jepperson led the music. I guess I am finally using those 6 years of piano lessons! It went pretty well. I just need to learn more hymns. :) 

Missionary work is amazing. I have never felt so much saddness for the world, but so much joy in knowing that I am doing what the Lord needs me to do. The Lord needs people on His side to help Him in His work. We already know who is going to win in the end... but what side are you going to fight for while you are here on the Earth? That will make all of the difference.

I love you all so much! I hope you are doing well. I am so grateful for everything that you do for me!!! 

Love always,

Hermana Morey




No comments:

Post a Comment