Monday, March 23, 2015

"I hope you know, we had a hard time"

Hello Family and Friends!!!!

This week I would like to start off by a quote given by Elder Cook, it says "I hope you know, we had a hard time." This quote expresses perfectly how my week went. :) 

To start out, on Tuesday I got a call saying that they had told me the wrong transfer information and that I would be follow-up training instead of actually training. that means that my companion has been out for 6 weeks and I am just finishing her training. Her name is Hermana Yeager and she is from Colorado! Then on Wednesday we went up to Highland for transfers and it turns out that we didn't have a phone! The only person who could get us a phone wasn't going to be there until 2 and since we live 2 hours away from the mission home we couldn't leave and go back. We were so lucky to be able to go to the training meeting for all of the new trainees and such. It was so good and I was really inspired to work my hardest this transfer. President Van Cott came up and told me that he was sorry that he kept telling me that I would be training and then I don't end up doing it but that he had a very strong feeling that it wasn't right and that this is what would be better for me. I felt a lot better about it after that.

So, work-wise... this week was a fail. We spent a ton of time trying to figure out our area and where people are but we just end up getting lost! That or the people aren't home. We have seen very few people. Some people are super duper excited to see us and others just sit there awkwardly and wonder why we are there. I didn't know the mission got this hard!! I know that I am here for a reason but this is really hard. I am trying to find the balance between doing as much as I can and knowing when it is usual for white-washing to have this bad of a week. We keep telling ourselves that it can only go up from here! Yesterday we dropped our phone and the battery flew out and landed in a puddle. We had just had it so we got out and walked it off. That is something that helps me a lot. When I don't know what else to do, we get out and walk it off. The only problem is that most people live in gated communities. I need to ask if we can walk around those because we aren't sure yet. We also need to figure out how to get into the gated communities. :) You really just have to laugh it off and then pray very very hard.

I am not sure what else to tell you about this week. The weather has actually been pretty good! We are lucky that it cooled down a little bit. We have some super duper rich areas and some super sketchy areas so it balances itself out. We have some great people who love us and we know that if we need anything we can go and see them! That makes everything a lot easier. We are just working on trying to get things rolling here so that we have work to do! 

I love you all so very much and I appreciate all of your prayers in my behalf. I hope you know that I am praying for all of you and that even though it is hard I love being a missionary. The good outweighs the bad every time! The Lord sent me here for a reason and I am going to do my best to do what he needs me to do!!!

Love always,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment