Monday, March 30, 2015

I Got Shot! ...I mean shots...

Hola Buenos dias familia mio! Como estan?! Como fue su semana y todo? Ojala que todo esta bien con ustedes.

This week has been about 10000 times better than last week! It is so weird to look back and see how frustrated I was and how much better I feel now! I think it just took time to get used to the area and to actually start to get to know people. I am just doing so much better now!

So, for the excitement of the week! At the end of last week my toe got a little infected... again! However, I was able to go to a podiatrist this past week up in Redlands. It turns out, after my toenail stopped growing again it started to grow incorrectly and became ingrown. So, I got that taken care of super quickly! They did the shots and everything but I didn't feel like they worked but I second guessed myself... oh the pain that followed! So, I stopped them and got more shots. Who would have thought that I would ask for more shots?! It felt so much better after that and now I am on my way to normal feet. Joy!

One of my highlights for this week was meeting Salvador and Andrea and their two kids. Andrea is a less-active and her husband and son were investigators who through being pushed too hard had stopped taking the lessons. When we went to meet them they said that they loved the church and wanted to go back. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and it was a really spiritual lesson. I invited them to come to church on Sunday and Salvador was really hesitant.... he was talking about how they were going to LA on Saturday and they wouldn't get back until late... you know, the normal excuses.... and then his wife said that to get blessing you need to make sacrifices. It was so powerful! I couldn't believe how strong the spirit was. They committed to come to church and then they came!!! We had a really good fast and testimony meeting and we know that they felt the spirit. We are going to keep working with them and try and help them realized for themselves why baptism is important.

Another wonderful experience this week was our mission conference on Saturday. We had to get up at 4:30 so that we could be in Redlands at 7. At 7:30 Elder Nielson of the 70 walked in to 200 silently studying missionaries. It was SO POWERFUL!!!! He said that they had thought that nobody was there and walked in to see us studying. He talked to us about the difference between the Redeeming Power of the Atonement, such as being forgiven of our sins, and the enabling power of the Atonement, Strength to keep going. It was such a powerful meeting. He talked about how we should be grateful to get trials and not freak out when we get them. If we don't have trials, the Plan of Salvation isn't working for us. I thought that was really cool! Then we talked about what the church is focusing on right now. The first main concern was people keeping the Sabbath-day holy. That was really interesting to me! Listen for that topic in Conference!

Also, Elder Nielson will be speaking on Sunday for conference so look for him and think about how I just shook his hand!! That was really cool.

The work is going so well! I am so grateful to be on a mission and to be serving the Lord. I am sure that you have all heard about Because He Lives, but if not I ask that you go and watch the video! It is so good. I am so grateful for this Easter/conference weekend ahead of us. We are working very hard to prepare ourselves for these two days, are you? What are you doing to prepare? I love conference and Easter and we get to celebrate them together!

I would like you to all know that I know that Christ lives, He is the head of this church and missionary work. We could not be seeing the miracles that we see daily if this weren't true. I know, that this mission is where I am supposed to be. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan for me and that He is helping to be the best person that I can be!!!

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your love and prayers. Thank you so much!!!

Love always,
Hermana Morey



No comments:

Post a Comment