Thursday, February 19, 2015

Birthday Week!




Hello dear family and friends!

How are you all doing?

This week was pretty wonderful! Thank you all so much for what you did for me for my birthday. It really meant a lot!
This week was a little harder than we had anticipated. We had the whole week FULL of appointments and every single one of them fell through. If that wasn't sad enough, we both got sick. :) Plus, we tried to visit some former investigators and either none of them opened the door even though they were home or they were super mean to us. We just had to laugh. We got home every day just exhausted and frustrated. However, because we are both happy people we were able to just laugh it off and still enjoy working together. 

This week we did 9 hours of service! On Wednesdays we volunteer at the library to do things that they need help with. This week we cut hearts for 2 hours. My finger still tingles when I touch it! On Thursdays we volunteer at the Braille institute. We help people who are blind or who barely can see anything make art. It is such a wonderful opportunity. Then this Friday we volunteered at the Palm Springs bike race. We signed people in for the race. We saw such a wide variety of people! A lot of people were doing the 100 mile bike race. they were super intense! It was a lot of fun though. Even though we sat in the sun for 3 of the 4 hours. :) As we were leaving a man called out "SISTERS!" then he hurried over and gave us $20 for dinner. I thought things like that only happened in Utah! It was such a blessing and I am so grateful for that man. 

On Saturday we had Zone conference and that was really good. It was such a fun spiritual experience. President and Sister Van Cott are such amazing examples. They have such strong testimonies and do so much for all 180 of us. Also, I finished Jesus the Christ!! It was such a wonderful book that I am going to try and do it again. :) Wish me luck!

I hope you all know how much I love being a missionary. The work is always hard but it is so worth it. I would rather be here showing the Lord that I am on his side then letting Satan get any wrong ideas. The church is true and I hope you all know that. I know that Heavenly Father loves us. He is the leader of this church! I know that! It is such an amazing blessing to be a part of this church.  


No comments:

Post a Comment