Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello family and Friends!

First off, it was wonderful to be able to talk to my family on Christmas! It may or may not have ended in tears... but hey, that is okay. When I came out from talking at the Pineda's house they had 3 different families from our ward there. They all could tell that I had been crying and all of the Hermanas came up to give me hugs. They all have missionaries out so they understood. Hermana Zamora was excited to talk to her son who left in October and wanted to know how it was from a missionaries perpective. Unfortunately her son Luis had been attacked on Monday and had bruises and scrapes but is okay. Aren't we so blessed to have the Lord on our sides?!

I am not going to lie.. this week was almost impossible to teach. Everyone was either gone or busy with their families. We tried very hard to work and find and everything but our numbers were very low. Fortunately we know that we did our best. Ilse passed her Baptismal interview!!! She will be getting baptized on January 17th. We need ot work a little bit on her testimony of Joseph Smith but it has been amazing to see her grow and change as she has learned more about the Savior. She has such an honest desire to follow our Savior and is willing to do anything that she needs to get there. I am so proud of her and everything that she is doing. 

On Saturday we had a Mission Wide Conference! It was so amazing. All of the missionaries were together to learn more about Jesus Christ. We studied His teachings, and His prayers. It was such a good experience to study our savior because he was the perfect example of how we need to serve our missions. I learned to much! We had Elder Highum come from our Area authority and he talked a lot about how it isn't the numbers it is the people. We are working very hard to keep that in mind. I also was able to learn a lot about how I can be more like the Savior. We need to know our Savior and not just of Him. It was really good. I am inspired to be a better missionary!

We realized that we are sending a lot of people home this transfer. That means that in February we will be down to 8 Spanish sister missionaries! Only 8! However, we will be having 2 new sisters and then 8 more. That means we will all be training soon! I can't believe it. I am nervous but know that "Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies."  I have to have Faith that through the Lord I can do anything. I am excited!

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Years! I will talk to you next year!

Don't forget to look back on 2014 and make goals on how we can be better Children of our Heavenly Father in 2015!

Hermana Morey
This is the cow's head they got to eat for dinner!


High School Reunion

Apparently 37 degrees is cold out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment