Monday, December 22, 2014

Rain!

Hello again!

These weeks just seem to be getting faster and faster! We just finished our last transfer and I can't believe it. My district leader, Hermana Tapia, Hermana Zamora, and 24 other people are going home. That is a big group! I am going to miss them but know that I still have things to be doing here.

This week was pretty good. On Friday it POURED! It was raining so hard. Hermana Lozano was feeling really sick so she stayed with a member while Hermana Zomora and I went to do a service project. We went to volunteer at a senior citizen christmas party. It was so much fun! We talked to a lot of people and helped them make a cute craft. We ended up talking to a lot of people about the gospel and someone told me that they had heard that people from our church were really mean but we didn't seem like that. That is good. I generally try and be a nice person! It was a lot of fun and it was nice to be able to go and do service. After that we picked up Hermana Lozano and got to work. we had to walk a little bit and there were seriously rivers in the road, lakes, (giant puddles) and such. We had fun and Hermana Zomora kept saying that she thought we were going to get trench-foot because our feet were so wet. Also, we felt like pioneers fording rivers! This rain was different than the last one because it was really cold outside. Recently it has just been freezing! We are working hard to stay warm and to share the gospel. 

This week we have started doing our Christmas Family Home Evening with members in our ward. It is such a cool experience because the spirit is so strong! We read Luke 2 while Hermana Zamora plays her Violin and then sing Silent Night. After that we have the members share an experience when they felt that Heavenly Father was mindful of them. We have heard such wonderful experiences! It really helps me to focus on the real meaning of Christmas because it is all about how Heavenly Father loves us so much that He gave his only son. How, I would love to hear your responses to our question. What is one experience that you have had where you knew that your Heavenly Father was mindful of you?  You can respond in a letter, or however you would like! I would love to hear it! 

Yesterday we met with Ilse again and last Sunday we gave her a Book of Mormon and she is already on 2 Nephi. She told us that she literally couldn't put it down. Do we feel the same way about our scriptures? A lot of us have had them our whole lives but do we really appreciate what a blessing they are? We can show our gratitude by actually studying them and even better, applying them! 

I hope you have an amazing week! I love you all and I hope and pray that you can feel my love and the love of the Savior in all you do!

Thank you so much for everything!

Hermana Morey

P.S. Mom I got my christmas package! Thank you so much! Hermana Zomora opened it to make sure the presents were wrapped so that we could put them under the tree. I loved the writing on them. Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment