Monday, December 1, 2014

Bring on the Trio

Hello!!!

I hope this letter finds you all well and enjoying the Christmas season! I absolutely love this time of year! I will admit that it throws me off to be celebrating Thanksgiving and the Christmas season at 80 degrees... but it is this time of year!

This past week has been a pretty interesting week. We knew that it would be hard to see people on Thanksgiving so we made a TON of cookies and cute little Turkey cards with D&C 78:19 on it. We delivered them to all of the members, less-actives, and investigators in our area. It was a lot of work but was a lot of fun as well. We ate dinner with the Pineda family and they made it really special for us. The Turkey was AMAZING! I don't know how they did it but I loved it. They also had a ham but they had covered it with Pineapple rings... so I kept away from that one. Also, Hermana Zamora, the member not my companion, gave us some homemade cheesecake and Pumpkin Pie. It was delicious! It was really cool to be able to go around and see everyone and give them the cookies. Hopefully they were able to remember to give thanks to the Lord for all of our many blessings!

Yesterday we all had to give talks/testimonies in Sacrament meeting. I spoke on how everything we do is centered in Christ and how we have the privilege of sharing this message of Christ with our families, friends, and neighbors. Hopefully people will be sharing the gospel and how God loved us so He gave His Son. Especially around this time of year I feel like people need to know that Christ was born to save them. We all need our own relationship with Christ!

We got a new investigator this week! Her name is Elsa, Illsa? Something like that. She is 27, has a son, and is really great. She is interested in the Bible but she was praying about which church was true when a friend talked to her about our church. She loves coming and really feels the spirit. I love watching people have their own conversion! God is mindful of each and every one of us.

SURPRISE! Yesterday morning when we woke up everything seemed normal... however, by the time we went to bed last night we had 3 beds in our room, 3 desks in the main room... and as of this morning we have a new companion! Yes, we are in a trio! Our new companions name is Hermana Lozano and she is from Georga. She started in the SLC Utah mission but her family moved to Tooele so she got reassigned here. I will be her companion until she goes home in February! Also, Hermana Zamora goes home in 3 weeks... I feel like such a new missionary! We will be working hard to make things work as a trio. Pray for us! We seem to get along well so far so it should be really good.

I love you all and hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you have a wonderful week! thank you so much for all of your love, support, and prayers on my behalf!

Love,
Hermana Morey  



No comments:

Post a Comment