Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving

Hello my dear family and friends!

I hope and pray that you are all doing well! This past week has been a little interesting. We had the slowest week of my entire mission! We ended up walked for about 2 hours every day trying to find new people. Even though we ran out of people to see, we had seen all of our members, less actives, and investigators, we had a really grate week! We got members to come to our lessons, we helped the members with their missionary work, and did our best to make everyone feel loved,

I went on exchanges to good old San Bernadino this week! I was with Hermana Wong who was born in Samoa but grew up in Utah and Alaska. She actually went to Middle school in the same place! She is Sariah's age and she recognized a picture of her. It was a really fun exchange! We got to go and do service at "Lighthouse for the Blind." It is a place where blind people can go and learn how to do everyday things, eat lunch, and be around other people. We helped make lunch, passed out drinks and food, and then washed the dishes. It was so much fun. I wish there were more service opportunities in our area! Then we went and tried to contact some of the less-actives that she didn't know in her area. That was fun and they got 2 new investigators from it! Also, one of her investigators thought I was 16. :) That was fun considering everyone seems to think I am 25. 

Yesterday was the ward's primary program! It was so cute! All of the little kids had to do their part in Spanish and they all belted the primary songs in Spanish as well. What made it even better was a super stressful Sunday! There were a ton of new investigators at church that day and we were trying to find people to sit by all of them and make them feel at home. Also, Laura Espinosa showed up to church with her 5 kids! That in all honesty was a miracle. I got to go and sit by them and the ward members were such amazing helpers and friendshippers. I am so grateful for this ward! Laura was only going to stay for an hour but she liked it so much that she stayed for all three! I was exhausted after church but it was worth it!

Our ward is having their Thanksgiving party this Saturday! They are going to be cooking 16 turkeys and all of the other good things. As good sister missionaries we offered to help cook and I think they are going to have us cooking a turkey! Whoot! Thank you mom for teaching me how to do that and helping me know how to cook! I am glad that we get to help others in their work.

I am so grateful that this week is Thanksgiving and that we get to focus on the things that we are grateful for. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to help my brothers and sisters feel the love of our Savior. I am so grateful for each and every one of you and for your prayers and support that you show for me. Thank you so much for everything! I wish I had words to better express my gratitude but I am doing my best to show my gratitude by giving my all to the Lord. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you get to feel the love of our Heavenly Father as you spend time with friends and family!

Love always,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment