Monday, October 6, 2014

Driving a Truck

Hola mis hermanos!

Como estas? How are you guys doing? Wasn't conference the past couple of days just amazing?! I absolutely loved it. I can't believe how quickly the time flew by. I was able to watch conference in English at our stake center with all of the other missionaries and some members. I can't even decide which talk was my favorite because they were all so good! It was cool because there were some that I felt like were perfect for some of the people we are teaching. I am excited about that. I think that the questions that I went in to conference with were all answered about 6 times in the first session alone. It was amazing! I am sad that conference isn't for another six months but I am so grateful that I was able to watch it. What did you guys think?

So, at first I was really nervous to lead my area. However, I have grown so much in the past week! I realized that I know a lot of Spanish! Not only that... but I know my way around. The Lord really has been blessing me. My new companions name is Hermana Zamora. She was born in Peru but is from Fresno California. She is super happy and has some great ideas. We have been working hard with Lupe and her family and also with all of our other investigators. We had more lessons this week than we have in past weeks which was a great feeling. 

Okay, this is going to sound a little worldly... but we had to take in our car to get it fixed... and they gave us a truck!!!!! We got to drive a truck for a couple days until we got a different corrola. (the Zone Leaders needed the truck to help people move and we got an older corrola.) Needless to say... we felt really cool. 

Tuesday was Hermana Tapia's last day in the area so we spent time saying goodbye to investigators and members. We had a lesson with the Pineda family (Lupe, Israel, Yayis, and Santos.) and they all just seemed super distracted! Finally we had Israel say the closing prayer and in it he said "and please bless president Van Cott that he will let Hermana Tapia come back for our Baptism on the 25th of October. Yes, I do mean the baptism of my WHOLE FAMILY!!!!" Oh my goodness. Hermana Tapia cried. We were SO HAPPY!!!! Now we are working very hard to help them finish their lessons so that they can be ready that day. Please pray for them! They are such solid investigators though. Last night we had a lesson with the whole family and Israel was helping teach Santos. I remembered the first day I met him and he said that churches were just businesses that wanted money. now he has such a strong testimony. The gospel is amazing!

Tonight we are doing a Family Home Evening activity as a ward and the missionaries are in charge. Hermana Tapia had a great idea but unfortunately... she left. That kind of put me in charge. The Elders are really good at helping though. We are doing a tree of life activity and just are going to blindfold everyone and have them go into a room and follow a rope. THe rope is going to lead to a tree outside. While traveling on the rope there are going to be people trying to lead them away from the rope. If they let go an "angel" will tell them to repent and hold back on to the rod. At the end the tree will be all lit up and we will have the Bishop talk about what it means. (we aren't explaining before, just telling them to keep walking and don't let go.) I know I didn't explain it very well... but it is going to be really cool!!!

In between sessions of conference yesterday we had an appointment with a reference. It was a member present reference. We weren't too sure about it, but it was amazing!!!! This family was so ready to hear the gospel and really want us to come back. I should never doubt again! 

I am sorry this email was all over the place... know that I love you all so very much an am praying for you. Gracias por ser un bueno ejemplo para mi. You are all so very wonderful. Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

Love always,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment