Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Thank You, All My Teachers

Hello family and friends!

How are you all doing on this lovely October afternoon? It sounds like you are all really really busy but are loving what you are doing!!

This week has been so crazy busy that I am just exhausted! Our ward activity last Monday went SO well! We had over 50 people show up and they all loved it. Good thing the Elders helped us so much. I feel like people will be more excited to go to future activities which was our goal.

On Wednesday it was Hna Zamora's birthday and I knew that she thought that it was going to be a small forgotten birthday. However, I surprised her with a Peruvian dinner with a Peruvian member in our ward! That means we had two dinners that night but she loved it. We also got two cakes and it was a really great day! I am glad that I was able to help her have a fun missionary birthday. We still worked hard but we made it fun as well. (I will send pictures of me putting her face in the cake.)

It has been really busy getting the Pineda family ready for their baptism next week. We are at their house almost every day! We also have 4 other investigators on date and are working so hard to get them all ready to be baptized. Who would have thought that missionary work would be so stressful! Fortunately we have the Lord on our side because I know that I couldn't do this alone.

This Friday we have Elder Evans coming for a mission conference! We have to be at our stake center by 7:15 which means we will need to get up an hour early. That will be... fun. :) No, I am really excited for this conference and am so grateful that I get to be here for this!

We had the Stake Presidency come to our Ward Council this past Sunday and I learned so much. One of them talked about how the only real training and preparation that we get for our missions came from our Sunday School teachers, Seminary teachers, and parents. We don't go to a formal school, we don't study all day... but because of everything that these teachers have done for us we can come out here and bring others unto Christ. I really want to thank all of my teachers for helping me gain a testimony so that I can be here as a missionary today. The gospel is amazing!!!

I am sorry but that is all for this week! I love you all so much! Sariah, WELCOME HOME!!!! Welcome back to the states. :) I wish I could be there to welcome you but I will just have to see you next November. Be safe. Do good things and never forget the work you did out there in Nicaragua!

I love you all!!

Love,
Hermana Morey (Now the only Hermana Morey)







No comments:

Post a Comment