Monday, September 29, 2014

Leading the Area

Hello everyone!

Well, to start out... transfers were this week! With everything that was happening in our area we felt sure that we were both going to be staying here! However, after six weeks of praying that we would either stay together or that I would be the one to leave..... Hermana Tapia was transferred to Borrego Springs! I will be leading my area! Woot.... haha. With the Lord all things are possible right? My new companion will be Hermana Zamora. She was born in Peru but grew up in San Jose California. I am excited to be able to work with her! I am not sure... but I think she goes home in December so I might be her last companion.

This week was a really good week! We had a lesson with Jorge about what he felt like he needed in order to progress. We felt strongly to challenge him to live the Gospel 100% for one week and see how he felt. He started the week yesterday and first the first time in a while he not only came to church... but he stayed for 3 hours!!! I am so excited for him and for what he will experience this week.

Did I mention Angie before? She is 24 and cuts hair. She is a less-active and we are working with her to help her draw closer to Christ. Lately she has been reading her scriptures and praying every day! We have been so excited for her. This last Thursday she decided to fast. She started in the morning and when she prayed that evening she said that she prayed harder than she ever had before and felt the Spirit stronger than she had before. We were so extremely excited for her and for the wonderful things that she is doing in her life. It is times like this that make the mission so wonderful!

Lupe and her family are such amazing people. I can't even tell you how much I love that family!  We had such an amazing lesson with Isreal and Yayis and even though they didn't accept the date we gave them at the time, they said that they would pray about it and give us a date this week. Wow. When I first met them I didn't think that would EVER happen. It is amazing to see the Lord working on the hearts of the people. So, the family is a little complicated. However, they all live really close and are with each other all the time. So, Yayis' mom Linda and her dad live across the street. They came to a lesson that we had with them last night and we read Alma 32 with them and talked about how to have faith you need to nurture your "seed of faith." The spirit during that lesson was so strong! EVERYONE felt it!!! We asked Lupe again to be baptized and she might get baptized tomorrow night! Please pray for her! I love this family SO MUCH!!!!!

I have to tell you that I LOVE watching the trains pass by! It has become one of my favorite things about this area. Also, Women's conference was amazing! I love how they focused on our duty to be prepared for the temple. Also, I like how President Uchtdorf didn't just tell us that we are special and move on. He got down to the point and told us that we have work to do! I love that! We can always improve and it is nice to hear it in a nice way. I am so excited for conference this weekend!

You have all heard about Meet the Mormons by now I assume. As missionaries we got to have a special preview of the movie on Thursday Morning and I really liked it! It was different than what I thought it would be... but they did such a good job! If you have time you really should go see it!

I love you all so much!!! Wish me luck on leading my area! Know that I am always praying for you.

Love always,

Hermana Morey

This cob of corn has mayonnaise, Parmesan, and chile



No comments:

Post a Comment