Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I Needed To Be Both There And Here

Hola buenas Tardes!!!!

Come le ha ido su semana? The weather here is wonderful today! It is about 75 degrees and breezy. The only problem is that the smog is so thick that we can't really see anything. Other than that... wonderful!!!

This week has been such a great week. To start off I had exchanges on Tuesday night and I got to spend time with Hermana Smith. She just barely got into the mission and is a visa-waiter waiting to go to Panama. It was really fun to talk with her because it gave me time to think more about Bolivia and the good things I got to do and see there. So, for some reason whenever you do exchanges everything goes badly. All of your appointments cancel, people aren't home, you meet strange people, you know, the usual. I felt bad because we ended up walking a ton! We talk to people and just tried to make things work. She was a really good sport about it which helped a lot. While we were walking a car pulled over and a man asked us if we wanted a ride. We were politely refusing and he started to dig through his wallet. I was thinking, oh this man wants to promote his business and didn't think anything else. However, he pulled out his temple recommend and said, don't worry, I am one of you guys! It was so funny! We told him that we were almost to our next appointment but thanked him for the offer. As I look back on that it really amazed/inspired me. I realized that he was so proud of the fact that he had a temple recommend and that he could say that he was worthy to go into the temple. Do we all feel that way about our temple recommends? I have been determined now to always have it with me and to remember what it means instead of just storing it until I need it.

On Friday we had Elder Evans of the General 70 come and talk to us. It was an AMAZING mission conference! He started out talking about how we are in this exact mission because this is where God wanted us. HERE. We are here to learn from President Van Cott. From the people. It really struck me that the Lord must need me here and I needed to learn things in Bolivia as well. It isn't that I couldn't handle being in the 3rd world country, it is that I was needed both here and there. He also talked about how we need to talk WITH people and not just TO people. There is a big difference. It was such a wonderful day and I came out wanting to be a much better missionary. It made me want to work as hard as I can while I still have time here!

For the conference we needed to wake up at 5:30. That was a little hard. We hurried and got all pretty and ready to go and RIGHT as we were about to leave I saw... the mouse. Let me explain. We hear a mouse in our apartment earlier this week but haven't seen anything or heard anything else. On Thursday we say that something had been chewing on Hermana Zamora's cake. (Someone gave her a Peruvian cake and it was in a big thick package.) We realized that the mouse must be in the apartment... yay. The worst part about seeing the mouse was that I saw him run into OUR ROOM!!!!! That was not good. We set up mouse traps later but haven't seen/heard anything since then. Oh what to do....

Other than that I am doing well! The Pineda family is getting baptized on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy! They are going to be such great members and I am happy for the changes they are making in their lives. I will send pictures next week!

Thank you all for your prayers and everything you do for me! I really appreciate it! Welcome home Sariah. You look happy and I hope you are enjoying everything at home.

Love,
Hermana Morey (officially the only one this time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment