Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Baptism

Buenas tardes!!!!!

Come le va? This week has been a wonderfull week of ups, downs, and farther downs. :) 
To start off, we still can't find that mouse... it is starting to worry us because it ate the bait out of our traps and moved the traps but didn't get caught! How does it even manage that one?

Monday was a pretty interesting day. We had an appointment with a referral and were really excited about it. The lady reads the Bible every day with her two daughters and is searching for the right church. However.... when we brought up Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon... she kind of got mean. She mentioned how it never said anything about another Book in the Bible and all of these things. I was trying to bear my testimony and she turned and started to attack my testimony. Man. I was so mad! I have never experienced someone attacking something that I hold so dear. I managed to keep my patience and we just left. Just know that you shouldn't attack someone's testimony.... they won't be too pleased.


The best part about this week.... we had a baptism! The Pineda family got baptized! I can't even tell you how happy that made me. We worked so hard to make it a really perfect day and it all went so well. Lupe had told us that she wanted the baptism to be really small and to just have her family there. (So almost a secret baptism.) So, naturally, the entire ward shows up! I have never seen a baptism so full. They loved it though and you could feel the love that the ward has for this family so strongly! Everything was going well until we realized that even though we had the Hot water as hot as it will go... the water was still freezing!!! We felt so bad! We tried to get it to warm up but there was nothing we could do. Other than that, everything went perfectly well!  Hermana Tapia and her new companion were there! It was the first time I have seen her since we got new companions and the last time I will see her before she leaves. It was sad but it was really fun to see her. Her companion Hermana Lutu is in the air force and is such a cute and fun girl. We had a lot of fun.

Last night as we got back from a REALLY long day we were looking forward to starting to plan and then just relaxing after we finished... the only problem was that apparently our lock broke and we couldn't get in to our apartment!!! What is this? We were trying to figure out what to do and there wasn't a thing. We tried to get in through the window, call the office, nothing. We were officially homeless. It was weird to just have a couple things but not anything else. Fortunately we have English Sisters who live fairly close who took us in for the night. Slumber-party!!! We were so grateful and today we were able to get back into our apartment. (They are fixing our door for us.) Also, this weak I gained a very strong testimony of Guardian Angles. I know that the Lord has more planned for me in this life and the miracles I saw this week made me want to work even harder to be the person that God knows I can be!

I hope you are all enjoying life and that you can feel the love that God has for each one of us! If you can I would like you all to go back and read the testimony of Joseph Smith because it really is so powerful! I went and read that this morning and my testimony of what I am teaching is even stronger.

Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers! I am praying for you as well!

Love,
Hermana Morey


No comments:

Post a Comment