Monday, September 22, 2014

Hermana Blue Eyes

Hola familia y amigos mios! Como estan?!

Yo estoy muy bien! El Viernes y Salbado fue muy fresca y no fue tan caliente! It was nice because the weather didn't get into the 90s! I know that is about to change though. Everyone says that with the weather so hot this late in the year that we are going to have a big earthquake. That would be crazy! I think it is going to be hotter again this week. I guess we will find out.

This week I went on exchanges to Fontana California. It is an area with a lot more money than the area I am in right now. The people that we talked to were extremely nice to me and it was such a great experience. I was with Hermana Deroche who is pretty much my twin just a year older. She is from West Jordan, she was a madrigal, she loves math, she went to Utah State, we lived in the Same building just on a different floor. She was a lot of fun to be around and I learned so much from her. She has a little over a year in the mission and her companion finishes next week. We talked to so many people. I learned how to talk without being super awkward about it! You all know how awkward I can be... 

This week we worked really hard on Lupe's sons. Her oldest son Israel is 21, married, and thinks that churches are just businesses that want money. However, we have seen such a huge change in him this past week! Apparently someone at his work has been doing witchcraft on him and someone else told him that if he wants it to stop they want $300. He was so stressed about that and so we had a member give him a blessing. He ended up coming to church on Sunday and really liked it. He said that he is  going to try and come every week from now on and progressively work up to going for the whole 3 hours. That whole family is doing so well! However, Lupe is in the middle of a divorce and her husband is making it really hard on her and her younger son. She is really stressed and we are trying to help her see that through Christ, all things are possible. It is hard to love the members so much because we can't do everything as missionaries. I wish I could do a lot more to help the people around us.

Have you guys heard about the whole Meet the Mormons video coming out? We get to go to Highland and watch it this Thursday with the mission president. It is so amazing what the church is doing! They really know what it means to let your light shine.

I am really excited for Women's conference this week! We are working hard to get all of our female investigators, members, less actives, and everyone there! I really love this time of the year. Conference is so amazing! I love getting ready for it and hope that you are doing the same as well.

I love you all so extremely much! Let me know what I can do for you!

Love always,
Hermana Morey/ Blue eyes. (Lupe calls me blue eyes and everyone loves the color of my eyes!)

P.S. for some reason NOBODY can remember my name... they always say.... "Hermana.... umm.... yeah you." haha oh dear. 




No comments:

Post a Comment