Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Gasping Like it Was the Second Coming

Hola familia mio! Como estan?!

This week certainly has been a lot different than I thought it would be! To start out, last Monday night we went to the ER because Hermana Tapia had all of the signs of an appendicitis. She was in so much pain. We got there at about 7:45 and started the fun waiting game of the ER. She would go back for tests every once in a while while I just waited and read my scriptures. She had to get a blood test, urine test, ultra-sound, and x-ray. FOUR hours later, we realized that it was a very small problem and that we could fix it at home. We didn't get home until after midnight but fortunately Sister Van Cott gave us permission to sleep in. To celebrate this adventure I got a very strong head cold that almost defeated me. Just yesterday Hermana Tapia picked it up. We have been really sick and it is not fun at all! However, we have done our very best to keep working and to try and take care of each other. 

Another funny story is that last night while I was writing in my journal a spider went charging across my desk. I had been really focused on writing and it freaked me out. According to Tapia I "gasped like it was the second coming." I went flying onto the couch laughing and demanded that she kill the spider. Fortunately we found it and just laughed for a very long time. I have never been so surprised by a spider before!

Okay, so about the work. I don't even know how it works but I already love the people in my very soul. we have families with a lot of problems and I love trying to show them how the gospel can make their lives so much easier. There is a family who is having a really hard time. The dad hates his family, is always outside drinking, the kids fight all the time and never go to church, and the mom works very hard at keeping her family together and trying to keep the gospel in the home. We visit them every week and she expressed to the Bishop that she is worried that we are going to get frustrated and stop coming. She said that we are her only hope during the week. That just about made me start crying. This mom is such an incredible example and she just needs help and love. I am so grateful that she has the gospel and knows that she isn't bearing her burden alone. I am also grateful that I can help bring her hope in a happier time. I pray for our investigators all the time because I know that they need the blessings more than I do. They work so hard in all that they do and they sacrifice so much to find peace in their lives.

Also, this week we decided to work with Lupe's family in groups. We teach Lupe one day, her son Santos another day, Yayis and Isreal another day, and Sandra with Lupe another day. It takes more work but we can tell that they are all progressing now. They were on different levels of understanding and now we can work on helping them grow closer to God in the way that they need it. Goodness, isn't the gospel amazing? I am so grateful to have this opportunity to help others feel God's love and peace in this life. I wouldn't change my experiences for the world!

Can you believe that conference is coming up? We had forgotten that the General Women's conference is coming up on the 27th!  I am trying to read all of the talks from last conference before they come up again. I challenge you to do the same as well. There are such amazing talks and it makes me so excited to work harder to be a better missionary and child of my Heavenly Father. 

I want you all to know that I know that this church is true and that Heavenly father loves us. I don't know where I would be without that knowledge. Please read your scriptures and pray! I know that God will please you!

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything!

Love,
Hermana Morey

They took a selife with an elder's camera, and they got it back like this (NOTW means Not Of This World)


No comments:

Post a Comment