Monday, June 2, 2014

And It Came to Pass...

Well this week has been interesting!!

So, as I mentioned last week I had a terrible rash. It kept getting
worse so I was admitted into the hospital for two days. I was in the
hospital the first week of my mission!!! Haha it was an adventure
though. Another elder had an apendicitice and so his companion would
come and play card games with us. I was on an IV for two days and now
I am doing a lot better. I am no longer red and ugly! My companion
likes to tell me that I m beautiful now.

So, the mission is hard! One of our really good investigators Hermana
Alicia had a baptismal date for June 21 and was progressing really
well! After I got out of the hospital we went to visit her and it
turns out that while we were gone she got baptised in another church
and now now longer wants to here more about our church! Oy vey! How
does that happen? We were both really sad about that and had a hard
couple of days after that. People just don't seem to want to listen to
us right now and the people that do don't end up progressing. We still
haven't had a single investigator come to church. We spend a lot of
time praying for our investigators and the people in this area.

Sunday I was having a really hard day. I didn't feel like I was
doing well as a missionary and was probably just overtired. While we
were waiting for church to start Presidente y Hermana Dyer showed up
at our ward!  They are saying their goodbyes before they leave this
month. I talked with Hermana Dyer for a while and she helped me
realize that this is possible even when it is hard. A quote that I
really like that she told me is "In the Book of Mormon is says "and it
came to pass" not "it came to stay"" I reallly like that. The hard
times will pass and soon I will be able to do this even though it is
hard! It isnice because some days pass by really quickly and other
days are slow. When I get the hang of things time will fly by!

Today for Pday we went out of Cochabamba to a field house as a zone.
It was such a nice place! Compared to other places here it was a
palace. We had really good food and just got to play around in the
sun! People played soccer, frisbee and other things.It was such a fun
day! The people that own the place are a convert family of one of our
zone leaders. It was really fun to get to talk to them specially the
mom because she is from the US and has been though what I have. She
says that she hated it here and first but loves it now. I feel a lot
of hopefor the future of my mission!

Today I am doing my first intercambio! That is where I take a split
with one of the sister zone leaders. I am nervous because she is
Latina and I am leading her though the area. I don't know my area
super well yet but I think I can do this! Wish me luck.

It doesn't rain a lot here. I thought it would be! apparently during
the winter it isjust slightly chilly and dry. The air in Cochabamba is
really polluted and usually smells really bad. However, I am learning
to love it here. Everything is different but I can feel myself
changing and learning to rely on the Lord. I am seeing tender mercies
every day and know that my Heavenly Father is always with me.

I hope you all are doing well. I love you so much! I can't wait to see
you again but I hope it isn't  until next October.

Love your Bolivian Missionary

Hermana Morey

Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment