Monday, June 9, 2014

The Best and Worst of Times

Okay this week has been the best and worst week of my entire life! It started out amazing because I had intercambios with Hna Adama and for the first time in a long time I was happy to the core. With her we had fun but we worked really hard. I loved going out and teaching the people and could feel the love that Heavenly father has for every one of his children. I realized how much I love being a missionary!! 

Tuesday in the afternoon I got a call from Hna Dyer saying my companion and Hna Adama's companion were attacked. It was terrible. The guy wanted Hna Tarvin's bag and knocked her around a little. The worst was he kicked her in the stomach. They are okay but it was a terrible experience. They went to the mission home and I ended up being with Hna Adama for 3 days. It was a good three days but we felt terrible. Then on Thursday Hna Tarvin and Adama got transfered to a new area and replaced with Elders.  We helped them pack and sent them off. Then after being with my companion for 3 minutes we got a call saying that she was getting transfered to Sucre the next morning. Wow. I got a new companion, Hna Toral, she is from Equador and on Wednesday turns 26. She also goes home next Tuesday.... that means I get a new companion next week! I hope it is Hna Adama. However, that is 3 companions in 3 weeks! I told that to Hna Dyer and how one of the Elders mentioned I should get a plaque for that and Hna Dyer said she would see what she can do. 

It was hard to lead my area because I don't know anything. However, Hna Toral helped a lot  because we decided to just reopen the area. We weren't having success anyway so we just reopened. That helped remove the stress and we are focusing on me learning the area for my new companion. See, tender mercies in everything!
Then on Saturday I went to grab my wallet and it was gone. Just gone. It only had 30 Bolivianos and my licence and my 2 cards. I just broke down. I was so tired and couldn't believe that something else had gone wrong. However, now I think it is really funny. Satan is really trying to stop me isn't he? Good thing I don't give up easily!!

Today I hit my two month mark! Only two months/?!?! I have been here for an eterninty!!! Haha it will get better. I know that. I also know that the Lord always show us tender mercies. Every day even when large bad things happen there are always the small blessings that outweigh the bad.

Thank you so much for everyone who fasted for me yesterday. It means so much to me. Thank you for all of your support and help. You are amazing people! I couldn't do this without you.

Megan, Sharlene, Bryan, and all of those leaving for the MTC this week, good luck! This is hard but worth it. You grow so much and my relationship with my savior is so much stronger. I am grateful for this opportunity and know that you will be amazing missionaries.

I love you all!!

Love from Bolivia,

Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment