Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Allergic to Bolivia

Hola from Bolivia!!!!
 
Can you believe that I am actually here? I surely can´t. You won´t even believe how absolutely EVERYTHING here is different. The food, the smells, the people, the weather, everything. I am working hard to get used to it and to love everything about it. As of right now the best part is the people. They are so loving and are always willing to stop and talk with you.
 
My compañera es Hermana Mariobo. She is from Bolivia and got reassigned here when she couldn´t get a visa. She has 10 months in the mission and her height is probably about 4 foot 9. I am not kidding. She is SO short!! I am the only new person in my zone which is a little hard. Everyone knows what they are doing and I am struggling with the language and being a missionary. It is good though. I am learning a lot and trying my best to be a good missionary. Someday I will speak spanish and will be able to do a little bit better.
 
Have I eaten any weird foods? Oh yes I have eaten weird things. Wednesdaynight was my first night here and we ate with the pensionista. We also eat with two other Elders. They decided to be funny and gave me cow stomach and chunyos (freeze dried potatoes) my first night. They had a camera hidden to watch my recation. It was absolutely terrible but I was able to keep a straight polite face. The elders were disappointed. they thought I would cry. Guess they don´t know who they are messing with! They are really nice though. At least I got both of those out of the way and can say that I have tried them!
 
Sorry this email isn´t long today and I will try and write more next week! I wish you all better health than I have been enjoying and love you all a ton!
 
Your Bolivian Missionary
 
Hermana Morey


No comments:

Post a Comment