Monday, June 23, 2014

Climbing a Hill

Okay, to start off.... I can´t even tell you how many people I have seen going to the bathroom in the street over the past couple weeks. I mean really. It is at least 2 every day. Why can´t they just wait? Seriously, if you ever visit Bolivia never walk barefoot! EVER!!! Really the only time I don´t have shoes on is
while I am sleeping. I am either wearing sandals or my nice shoes.

So, about my teaching..... We went to visit an Inactive member that I have been working with and in the end she was in a hurry and didn't want to have the appointment. We asked her if she had a reference for us and she mentioned someone named Ines. Ines is 22 years old, is divorced and has 2 kids. Her son is with the father and she is working at a little stand on the street to try and make ends meet. She was really emotional when we mentioned that we had come to help her and accepted the offer for us to come back. We have visited her almost every day and I can tell that she is ready for the gospel. When we bring up a new point about the gospel she asks a couple questions and then smiles and says something like "that is what I believe as well!" It has been such a wonderful opportunity to teach her and watch her start to feel the love of the Lord in her life. I really hope that things continue to progress with her.

Another fun experience is with an investigator named Cinthia. Cinthia works at the ice-cream shop of a member family. She is about 22 years old as well and lives with the member family while she works there. I have been teaching her the whole time I have been here and she just doesn't want to pray. We have explained over and over again and she won't read the Book of Mormon as well. How on Earth do we help her?! Finally this week I was a little up front with her and told her that if she didn't want us to come back we wouldn't. We were trying to help her and the commitments we left weren't for us, but were for her and the Lord. She looked a little embarrassed and said she wanted us to come back. When we went back a couple days later she was smiling and looked excited and said "guess what, I prayed!" I was so happy. The fact that she was happy about it was even better. She said that it made her feel peaceful and happy. She also accepted a date to be baptized but we need to teach her more first.

I am loving teaching! Sometimes it is hard, but when the people start to feel the love of the Savior is when they start to change. I love being here to be able to help them feel this love. I love this area and I love the ward that I am in. I am so excited to help the people here.
How are yáll doing? It is so fun to hear from everyone every week! Thank you so much for all of your help and support. When I am at the top of one of the hills in my area, after I catch my breath becuse it is hard to walk up the hill, I look out at the beautiful valley and am grateful for the people in my life who have helped me get to this point. I could not have done it without all of you! I love you all so much. Thank you for everything!!

Love always,

Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment