Friday, May 2, 2014

One Direction?!?

Hola!!!!

Oh my goodness what a crazy past couple of weeks it has been! I can't believe that I have been here for almost a month but I feel like I have been here for 3 years already! I am getting slightly bored of the CCM but there are always things that help me keep my interest. 

Last Friday we had a visiting General Authority! He is the Area Authority and he came to speak with us. It was funny because he is from Utah but speaks amazing Spanish! We all got to go up and shake his hand which was cool. I loved hearing himi speak because when he said something important he would repeat it in English so that we could understand it! (His name is Elder Wadell) he spoke a lot about how we are the "upgrade verson"' of the missionaries. It was reallty cool!!!

Also, that night we heard a large group of people cheering and we couldn't figure out why. Our teacher explained to us that some American singing group was perfoming at the concert place five blocks away. We asked who the group was and he said ONE DIRECTION!!!! Oh my goodness can you believe it?!?! The concert was so loud that we were able to here them singing "What makes you beautiful" live!! All of the Latinos were freaking out!!! We were too because we couldn't believe that we were sitting in the CCM in Bogota Colombia listening to One Direction while we studied El Libro De Mormon! That was a cool once in a lifetime experience.

My companion is the absolute best!!! Last Saturday I got the worst Migrane that I have ever had in my entire life. I thought someone had shot me in the head and I couldn't focus on anything. I started to cry it hurt so badly. Presidente y Hermana Dyer were at a Stake Conference so my teacher told me to go to bed. (It was 7 at night) Hna Rhoton took really good care of me and even though she was allowed to leave me alone she stayed until I had fallen asleep. The next day my head wasn't feeling any better so I asked for a blessing. One of the Elders in my district got to give it to me. It was honestly one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. He mentioned things that there was no possible way he could have known I was worrying/thinking about. It testified to me that Blessings don't come from the person giving it but from the Lord. I was also able to feel the Lord's love for me. It was the most amazing feeling! After that I felt so much better. I have a very strong testimony of Preisthood blessings! They are amazing! Even my companion was saying how amazing it was!!

Random thing... but sometimes the food we get for dinner has ants crawling inside of them. That is always fun to discover! Everyone kind of looks at them and tries to decide what to do and we laugh and laugh! Also, we had watermelon the other day!! It was amazing!!! Unfortunately I didn't realize that something had pinapple in it but it turned out okay!!! The food here is all really good except for the Spaghetti! Honestly I can't even force myself to eat that one. I try but it is gross. They have these weird noodles and sauce and... yeah! But for the most part we love everything!!

For our service project this week we sanded down bedthings. That sounds confusing. We sleep in bunkbeds and on the wood above the bottom bunk that holds up the top bed people have written their names and their missions. We had to take those all outside and sand them all off!! It was pretty hard but it was really fun! We had health masks on to protect our lungs from the wood dust and we all looked really funny. 

I got my first contact!!! I was excercising with Hnas Evens and Giles when we said hello to two ladies walking past. They stopped and talked to us for a little bit and we shared a short message about Eternal Families and they said they wanted to hear more! Bam! Missionary at work! Tomorrow we are going out to the streets to contact for a couple hours! Wish me luck... My Spanish is only decent at best! I m nervous but really excited. It will help a ton! 

I finished the Book of Mormon in 3 weeks! It is the fastest I have ever read it and it was amazing. I absolutely love that book and now that I am reading it in Spanish I am excited to be able to gain a testimony of it in Spanish!!

I got the Dear Elder letters!! I was really sorry to hear about the passing of Rhyse. His family is in my prayers. He didn't have an easy life and I know that he is in a better place now. Thank you so much for all who wrote me!!! I will try to respond the best I can. Also, I would just send the letters to Bolivia now because it takes a while to get here and I would like to get them!!!

I am about to get a Latina Companion. Help!!! I am really excited and nervous. I am sad to be leaving my district but am glad that I will still be able to see them around. We had a big party today for our last p-day together! We played investigador, investigador, y misionero. (Duck duck goode where the missinary chases the investigator) it was so fun. Best p-day ever!!!

We have weird bugs here. End of story. I do not like them!!!

I am loving it here in Colombia and am excited to leave for Bolivia in two weeks! Also, for those of you that haven't heard, For the first time in history missionaries get to skype home for Mother's day in the CCM! I am litterally the first group to get to do it! I am so excited!!! I love you all so much! Thank you for everything. I hope you have had amazing weeks and will talk to you again on Tuesday!!! Loves from Colombia!!!

Your Bolivian Missionera
Hermana Clarissa Morey 

No comments:

Post a Comment