Monday, October 12, 2015

God Loves Us

Buenos dias!! Como estan?


How was your week?! This past week was crazy busy because about a million and half things got done! I can't believe how quickly it flew by. Fortunately this week I have a little more time to tell you what happened! Now, where to begin?

I guess all of the busyness started on Thursday. We had MLC which is the Leadership council with President up in Highland! We were there almost all day but it was a really good conference. We talked a lot about using Facebook! We talked about good ways to use Facebook through the members, for example, having them share a scripture on Facebook. create an event for our activities and invite friends, add our investigators as friends on Facebook, etc. This will be good right now because everyone can share their favorite conference quotes! The hardest part will be picking their favorites! We also talked a lot about having the faith to achieve our goals. Last week we were challenged to have every companionship have a baptism in November and December. Then we talked about raising our vision, troubling the Lord through prayer, and having the faith to have it happen! It was so good and we all left really excited to achieve these goals.

On Friday we had exchanges again. Fortunately it was our last one! I felt like we were always on exchanges! This time I was with Hermana Jaynes in my area. She is from Riverton, and we actually have apparently been super close by each other our whole lives but have never met until the mission. She was super fun to be around and I laughed harder than I have in a long time. It was a blast! Not only was it fun but we learned so much! In her area they are struggling with their relationships with the members. Apparently due to some really rude missionaries their ward doesn't like them! How sad is that? They are the sweetest sisters. We talked for a long time about how to fix that relationship and finding people to teach. we both learned so much and I was so grateful for the chance to work with her.

On Saturday, conference started. What a blessing! How does each conference get better? I seriously saw miracles worked during that conference. My questions were definitely answered and the spirit showed me ways that I need to improve so that I can progress! I just want to spend another two days and just watch them again. One of the miracles that we saw was with Aileen and Natalie. I don't know if I mentioned this but they got to go to the Saturday afternoon session of conference. The night before they left we stopped by and read the scriptures with them. We read 1 Nephi chapter 15. We talked about recieving answers to your prayers, etc. It was a good lession. However, the miracle happened at conference on Saturday. While they were there James B. Martino read the exact same verse in 1 Nephi 15 and talked about conversion, recieving answers to our prayers etc. It was amazing. We both felt the overwhelming feeling that they will be getting baptized soon. I wanted to cry I was so happy!!!

Another thing wonderful that happened was we got Melissa and Marisol to come to conference. After the last session yesterday Melissa was baptized. Can you talk about amazing?! The spirit was so extremely strong. She was sad earlier this week because her mom had said that she couldn't come and I prayed all week that her mom would show up. She did. She took a late lunch break so that she could be there for her daughter. She isn't a member but the pride and happiness on her face as she watched Melissa baptized was enough to melt any heart. It was amazing. Now Marisol her sister said that she wants to get baptized in November! After we cleaned up the baptism Hermana Buttars and I were just overwhelmed by the love that Heavenly Father has shown to us and to all of his children. Since yesterday was a stunningly beautiful rainy day we went outside and just sat for a moment with our hearts full of gratitude.

I hope that you all had an amazing week and that you were also able to feel the strength and the spirit that comes from conference. I know that now comes the hard part of applying it but we can do it. :) God loves us. He is our father. He wants us to progress and to have joy! I hope that spirit stay with you this week and remember that you are in my prayers.

Love,
Hermanita Morey

P.S. Thank you so much for the letters of love and encouragement that I recieved this week. I am so grateful for every single one of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment