Monday, October 12, 2015

And thus begins the last transfer...

Dearest Family and friends,

Hello! I can't believe that this month is already flying by. I think the weirdest thing that happened was that all of the people that I went to Bolivia with, went home. I have to admit that was really hard.
From the moment I met them I was excited to have the going home adventure with them! However, I am so grateful that I still have six weeks to work. Don't worry, I am really busy here.

So, today starts my final transfer. That is weird. The hard thing is that starting today we won't find out about transfers until tomorrow morning. So, I have no idea where I will be for the next six weeks.
Hermana Buttars and I are praying really hard to be able to stay companions here for my past transfer. We just work really well together and this area needs us. I guess I will let you know next week.

I am going to start with the creepy story of the week. Yesterday at 3pm we were trying to visit some investigators and they weren't home.
As we walked back to the car a man, about 50 years old, stops by our car and asks for a dollar. We are very poor missionaries who don't have money so we told him that but we offered him a Plan of Salvation Pamphlet, like very good Hermanas. He then asked if we were North Americans and when we answered yes he said "I want to marry you."
Umm... Eww. Hermana Buttars looked taken aback but I Just told him that as missionaries we teach people about Christ and tries to give him the pamphlet. He then turned to me and asked if I hadn't heard him and repeated himself. After that he interrupted my annoyed response by asking me if I liked his face while he ran his finger down his face like a tear. Now we were super creeped out and we could start to smell the drugs that he was on. I just said Nope! And we hoped in our car and drove away quickly. It was funny because Hermana Buttars got in the seat behind me since I was driving. We got away safely through!

Now, for the miracle. Last night we had a lesson with Aileen. She is the one who went to conference and her sister doesn't want her to get baptized. We spent an abnormally large amount of time at their house yesterday. We had dinner with her mom, she was asleep, then her moms twin stopped by, after Lupita, the mom left, the twin talked to us for an hour. That was a very long time! But she left and we were finally able to talk to Aileen alone. She asked if yesterday was fat Sunday, which it was, and was super sad that she had missed it. You would have through the she had missed a test! We asked why she hadn't gone and she had been planning on returning from an early morning home in time but they ended up getting back right as church ended. She was very sad at that point. We started to ask her what was going on. She has received so many answers to her prayers and we pointed out every single one. She hadn't realized that she had received to many huge answers. As we pointed them out she admitted that she knew this was all true but what should she do about her family who would hate her if she got baptized? This is the amazing part. I literally felt this glow come over me. It was honestly like I sat back and someone else took control of my body and spoke through me. The promised blessings were real and they were there. They were exactly what she needed to hear and the spirit was stronger than anything ask have ever felt in my life. You could almost feel the Angels on the room pleading with her to accept the promises.
She did. I can not even describe the feeling in the room. It was so powerful. I know that Aileen is going to change the lives of hundreds of people and that she just needs to be brave enough to take the first step. She picked a baptismal date for November 14th. We will be fasting and praying with her for the strength to keep moving forward.
I am so excited about that!!

Other than that we just had a really good week. Melissa got confirmed yesterday as well. Oh what joy this work brings!! It was Marisol's birthday on the 9th so we stopped by to give her a card and they gave us some homemade blueberry lemon cake. It was wonderful.

I have seen so many tender mercies of the lord this week. I can't even put them in one email. I just hope you understand how amazing this work is. I hope and pray that I will get to stay here for another transfer with Hermana Buttars. I will let you know!

I hope you have an amazing week!! I love you all so much!

Love,
Hermana Clarissa Morey

P.s. My ponderizing scripture from last week was D&C 10:5 what was yours!?


No comments:

Post a Comment