Tuesday, October 27, 2015

FYI....

Buenos dias mi familia!

Como estan? I hope that you had a great week! This week flew by so quickly I think that I may have gotten a little bit of whip-lash! I don't know where all of the time seems to be going. On Saturday I hit my 17 month mark. How crazy is that?! Hermana Buttars wanted to celebrate my last month mark on the mission so she made us all pancakes for breakfast and put the number 17 on mine. One of our roommates is new on the mission and is about to hit her one month mark so she was stunned that people actually make it that far. I feel the same way! I still feel like I have 9 months or so. It goes by so quickly! It doesn't help that we got our flight itinerary, invitations for our departing devotional etc. I am still the only Spanish missionary going home this transfer so that will be fun.

Nothing super exciting happened this week. Hermana Buttars and I were discussing what we would email home and there wasn't too much to say. We got to eat something new and exciting! On Friday we had Nepalis. I thought it was just soup with the giant chile in it but it ended up being cactus. Let me tell you, cactus is weird! It has a rubbery texture but it actually isn't gross. The soup that we had it in wasn't very good but now I can officially say that I have had Cactus! 

On Saturday we had dinner with a family in our ward and they gave us these amazing little tacos with carne asada and mozzarella cheese. The only bad part was that they gave us three so that was a lot of food. They were so good!!! However, after that we had another dinner with Aileen and her family because they were celebrating their birthdays and they fed us a ton as well. I was so extremely full. I decided that it is much more manageable to be hungry than super duper full. We practically had to roll home and Hermana  Buttars ended up throwing up. Poor thing. Good thing the  food was delicious!

The best part about this week was yesterday. After church we had Marisol have her baptismal interview! She was so nervous. Marisol is Melissa's sister, the girl who got baptized over conference weekend. She is getting baptized the 8th of November and we are excited for her! She passed her interview and is getting ready. We should also have Aileen's baptism the 14th. She finally told her mom yesterday so it is official! yay! This is going to be amazing. Also, the Pineda family will be getting sealed on the 14th as well so this next month is going to be the best month ever. 

I am so grateful to be here right now. I love you all so very much and your love and concern and support for me means the world. I could not have done this without all of you! If there is anything that I can do for you please let me know!

Love always,

Hermanita Morey. 

P.S. In our church building we have the Spanish ward and the Tongan ward. After Marisol's interview someone in the tongan ward came up and started talking to us. She was a little weird but she mentioned how she had a friend going to Texas on their mission speaking Mexican.... FYI don't ever call it Mexican they get really offended if you say that!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment