Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Transferred!

Buenos dias!!! 

Como estan todos? Ojala que bien! This week has FLOWN by!!! It was kind of crazy because the weather was amazing. On Saturday we woke up and went to exercise and it was so extremely humid. That whole day it just rained. When I say rain, I mean, it would feel perfectly fine and then a second later it would be pouring! The roads here aren't built for rain so there was a lot of flooding and several points were we were worried about our car! Fortunately both we and the car are okay. That being said, the past couple days have been in the low 80s and I think that is a miracle in and of itself! 

This week was also a good week for seeing people. We were able to meet a couple of new investigators and several less-active families that we have never seen before. One of these visits to a  less active family had a big effect on me. I found there teaching record in the area book while we were transferring information to the iPads and they looked like a very promising family. We decided to stop by and see them and not only were they home, but they invited us in. We were so excited!! We went in and sat down. Now, everything in the house was dark. There were blankets over the windows to keep the sun out, everything was a mess, and there was a complete absence of the spirit. We talked to the Hermana for a little bit and she finally told us that she wasn't interested in coming back to church or even having us stop by. She was super nice about it so that wasn't a big deal. While I was sitting in the house I could feel my energy draining away. When Hermana Jimenez and I got back in the car we felt so exhausted that we couldn't even move for a couple minutes. We talked about what we had felt while we were there and then we realized that these people were literally living in darkness. Spiritual darkness and even physical darkness. The darkness of sin can literally drain away our energy while light encourages us to keep going and to keep trying to be better. It was really interesting to see how as we keep the commandments we will have light. We will have the spirit and a desire to keep bettering ourselves. 

On a happier note, we had a great lesson with Teresa this week. We watched Finding Faith in Christ and talked about the importance of acting on our faith. She really liked it. She said that she would go to church on Sunday and that she wants to be baptized just wants to learn more first. That is good! Unfortunately she did not come to church on Sunday. She got ready and everything  but her friend didn't pick her up and didn't answer her phone so she couldn't make it. We visited her after to see if everything was okay and while she was disappointed to have not been able to make it she has a stronger desire to make it next week. We are trying to find another ride for her. She is progressing and I am going to miss her.

I forgot to mention, I am getting transferred!!! I have learned how to tell if I am getting transferred or not. If I feel like I am going to get moved.... I won't. If I feel like I will stay.... I won't. So.... not only am I leaving this dear little area in Indio.... but I am getting moved up to FONTANTA!!!! That is on the complete other side of the mission! It is one of the coolest areas in our mission and it is the very tip of our mission. I was shocked! My new companion is going to be Hermana Butters. I don't know her at all but I am excited to get to know her because I have heard amazing things about her! I have a feeling that I won't get moved back down to the desert since I don't have much time left and I will honestly miss it. Everything is just a lot more relaxed down here. I also finally felt like I got the hang of things! Maybe that is why I am getting moved.

Last thing, I got a call on Saturday asking me to play the piano in Sacrament meeting! So I did. :) I was also asked last minute to play in a baptism yesterday night. Those piano lessons are really paying off! I also am not as shy about playing anymore. That is really good! 

Thank you all so much for the letters, emails, and prayers that you are all sending my way. I love you all so very much!!! I appreciate everything that you do for me. I hope and pray that you are doing well. Thank you so much for everything!!!!

Love,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment