Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Person I Want to Be

Buenos Dias!!!!!!

Como estan? I hope everything is going well with all of you. I hope that you all enjoyed a wonderful 4th of July especially to those who have been out of the country for the past couple years. Did Sariah enjoy the fireworks? I think it is really fun that I was in California for the past two, last year to visit James, and this year as a missionary!


This week has been really good! On Monday we started teaching Cecilio. He is a 94 year-old man. He is the sweetest person in the world. He has such a strong desire to get baptized before he has to pass on to the next life. We talked to President Van Cott and he said that we can change a couple of the rules for him as long as he is in compliance with Doctrine and Covenants section 20. We really just changed the fact that he won't have to come to church the full 3 times before he gets baptized. His baptism is scheduled for this coming Sunday! He came to church yesterday and he really liked it. Everyone was really nice and came and introduced themselves. When we taught him about the word of wisdom he just said "I only drink water!" So we are really excited for him. He is very sick and we aren't sure how much longer he will live but I know that he has a sincere desire to follow the savior. Yesterday he looked at us sadly and asked if it was too late for him to get baptized because he had waited this long. We explained to him that it wasn't and that God is proud of him for making the decision now. I love him so much and we are so excited for this weekend. Please pray for him! We have a member named Suzanna who is an amazing help. She is a registered nurse and is the person who introduced us to Cecilio. She is amazing!!! She will do anything for the people she is trying to help bring into the gospel. She came to our ward so that she could be with them so that they would know someone. She is always willing to share her testimony and to encourage them to keep progressing. She has done so much for us and it showed me that I hope to be a lot like her when I go home! She was introducing Cecilio and Bertha to everyone! It was perfect.  

Other than that most of our investigators aren't progressing. We have Bertha who takes care of Cecilio who also came to church yesterday. She really feels the spirit when we are teaching her and when she came to church but sometimes just doesn't feel like acting on it. It is sad but we know that as she realized the importance of following Christ she will feel the happiness that she is searching for.

This week I have really learned about the type of person I want to be when I go home. I have noticed that over the past 13 months I have learned so much about people and have seen good and bad qualities. I just want the Lord to know that I love Him and that he will always come in first place. Hermana Jimenez and I were talking about this yesterday. There are so many things that we put in front of God without even meaning to. Some of that is in keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. I am so excited for when I go home and can try my best to show Heavenly Father that I love him.

I hope that you all had a wonderful week. I thank you all for your letters, your emails, your prayers, and so much more! I am so grateful for all that you do for me. Have a wonderful week and know that I love you!

Love,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment