Friday, November 21, 2014

Time is Flying

Hello!!!

How are you all doing? I can't even believe that it is also so close to Thanksgiving! Time seriously is just flying by! I don't even know how to really handle it all. 

This week was pretty good! I am still used to our weeks just filling up with appointments but as we baptized most of our investigators we don't have as many people to see. That makes things a lot different in how we approach our work. We spend a lot of time trying to work with less-actives and members to try and get them working on their own missionary work and trying to get referrals of people that we can teach. As of right now we are still asking everyone that we talk to for referrals but haven't gotten much yet. However, we are still faithful and work hard to be finding people and helping the people around us.

On Friday we had Zone conference! It was such an amazing experience. I had been praying for several things for a little over a week had didn't feel like I was getting an answer; however, at the Zone Conference President Van Cott answered every single one of them! That really strengthened my testimony because I knew that the Lord had answered my prayers but not in the way that I had been expecting. We talked a lot about conversion and especially conversion of people in the Book of Mormon. We had an assignment to find as many stories as we could of how people are converted and then he called on people to share their stories. Even though I wasn't called to share my story I really was able to grow more in my conversion. I realized that there are conversion stories in the Book of Mormon that we don't really focus on. For example, Nephi didn't always just believe the words of his father, he went and prayed and then was willing to act on it. This was a really great assignment! I challenge you all to look at conversion stories!

As for investigators, we have a mom and a daughter named Maria y Dulce who like to be taught at 8 in the morning. While it is a little hard to be ready and at someone's house by this time it has been such a great experience to be able to work with them! It is worth it. All of the missionaries in our ward decided to wake up earlier than 6:30 so that we can get in more exercise time. All 4 Elders get up at 5:30 and we get up at 6. I feel like I have so much more energy during the day to go and work! Also, we have a little bit of time to stretch and I can almost tough my toes! I am so proud! However, the reason why we are doing this is so that we can be fit and healthy so we can be better instruments in the Lord's hands. It has really shown me why our bodies are so important and why it is so important to keep them healthy!

This week Hermana Zamora went to a baptism in her fist area and I needed to stay here and work. One of our recent converts, Yayis, became my companion for the evening! We had a lot of fun working and she really clicked with an investigator family that we were going to stop working with. It is really amazing how the Lord works! They invited us to come back and we will take her with us next time as well. 

That is all for this week! Just know that I love you all and am praying for you. Thank you so much for all of your love and support for me. Please let me know if I can do anything for you or if you need special prayers! Good luck with everything!

Love always,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment