Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Baptism Joys

Hello everyone!

I hope and pray that you all are doing well! This email is going to be a little jumbled and short.

This week was a hard week for teaching lessons. We were extremely busy all week but we just didn't get the numbers to prove it. The best part of the week was the Devi and Michael got baptized! We were working very hard to get them ready and excited for this baptism.

So details about the baptism. At the last baptism we had the water heater was broken and the water was freezing cold! We weren't about to let that happen so we got there two hours early and kept boiling water and dumping it in. We were prepared! We took our pots and everything. While we were waiting for the water to boil we practice a music number for the baptism. We did Nearer my God to thee and Hermana Zamora played the violin while I played the piano. When it was time for the baptism we were so excited! Everything was going well until we realized that we had forgotten to explain how the baptism works to Devi. Don't even ask me how we forgot that... we hurried back with her and tried to explain it and she got nervous because she didn't understand. Fortunately Elder Miller who was baptizing her was able to calmly explain it. Next problem... the water was FREEZING COLD! All of our work didn't make a degree of difference. Apparently it was bad. When Michael got in the water he looked at us and said that he didn't want to do it anymore, the water was too cold. Fortunately Hermano Teniza was able to soothe him and did it really quickly so they could go get warm. Gha. We felt so bad! There was nothing we could do about that though.

That really was the highlight for the week. Also, Transfers. I had forgotten that people change for transfers because it didn't feel like either of us would be moving. However, when I got to church on Sunday all of the Elders kept telling me to enjoy my last Sunday in this ward. They were all talking to me about how to make it the best last Sunday in a ward when one of the English sisters came up to me and said Congratulations! My heart dropped. I didn't want to leave! Apparently my face was pretty funny in that moment because everyone laughed for about 5 minutes. At lest I am entertaining! Fortunately they didn't really know and I am not moving areas. I am glad because I love working here! I feel like I still have so much more to do here and now I get the opportunity to do it.

I love you all so much! I hope that everything is going well. Don't forget to read your scriptures and say your prayers! 
Love always,
Hermana Morey


No comments:

Post a Comment