Monday, November 23, 2015

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"

Dearest family and friends,

This past week has been a complete emotional roller coaster. It has been a really good week though. On Wednesday we got to go to the temple for my last time!! It was such a beautiful session. I love the Redlands temple and it is beautiful on the inside. It was also a good day though because it was Hermana Buttars' birthday and my roommates and I schemed together and decorated out apartment, I made pancakes for breakfast, etc. after our session we got a doughnut and he. Went off to work! We had a wonderful evening and a lesson that I will explain in the following paragraph. It was just a really spiritual yet fun day!

So Wednesday evening we went to see a part member family. Have I mentioned Teysi, Fransisco, Johanna. Etc? It was them. We were in the lesson and Johanna asked a question about the picture of the first vision. We explained that it was Joseph smith seeing a Heavenly Father and Christ and then Maria and Johanna started arguing with us about how nobody has ever seen Heavenly Father and it turned into a huge argument. Hermana Buttars and I just sat there quietly listening to them. I had no idea what to say so we didn't say anything. At that moment I felt the spirit hit me so strongly telling me that I knew that these things are true and that I wouldn't even be phased by the argument and I would know by the spirit what to say. I sat there and then the argument went silent and the spirit told me to open my mouth and start speaking. That is scary because you don't know what to say but I did open my mouth and the Lord filled my mouth with the words that this family needed to hear and with the spirit. I told them that as missionaries we testify of what we know and then ask everyone to pray about the message so that they can know he truthfulness for themselves. The spirit was so strong and everyone was listening very hard to what I was saying. It was a beautiful moment. They agreed that they needed to pray about it and said that they would. Fransisco asked me what a family needs to go through so that they can be converted and I said that they need to pray, read the Book of Mormon, and go to church. He told me that he believed that and talked "figuratively"
about how sometimes people pray to ask God to guide them and then missionaries show up a month later. The spirit testified to us that happened to him and he recognized the answer to his prayer. It was amazing!!

On Friday we had our Ward Thanksgiving party and that was amazing as well, we had 20 non members from our area and 14 of them were investigators. It was a great party and the members were perfect and fellowshipping them. It was fun to watch them all dance and become friends.

On Saturday we had the baptism of Edith Marrufo. It was such a stressful experience!!! We had been talking about the  baptism for over a month and had planned everything and everyone agreed and said they would come. I kid you not, the baptism was at six and by five about 95% of the people had canceled. It was so frustrating! I had to play the piano and give a talk, Hermana Buttars had to lead and five a prayer, etc. after a whole lot of stress and rearranging Edith was baptized. It was a beautiful baptism and she said that she felt happier than she ever thought was possible. I was so happy for her! We found her by talking to her while she was riding her skateboard.
Yesterday she gave me a letter and in it was one of those finger skateboards. She is the best and going to be an amazing convert!

Yesterday was a busy and sad day. I spoke in sacrament meeting which was really good actually. I know that the gift of tongues is real even when they introduce you as Hermana Monroy. :) then, last night we had our departing devotional. It was such a good devotional. All 24 missionaries shares a 2 minute experience when we knew that the Lord was mindful of us on our mission. It was packed! Almost as packed as a stake conference. It made me less nervous knowing that 97% of the people couldn't understand me! It was amazing because 5 families from my first area came and Marisol and Melissa, and Fransisco, Johanna, and their family came as well. It was wonderful to see all of them and feel their love and support. After I sat down I felt the spirit tell me that I was finished and that I had done a good job. I felt so overwhelmed by the spirit.

I am so very grateful for this opportunity that I have had to be a missionary. Even thou I had hoped that the Lord had other plans for me I am eternally grateful that He let me learn and grow and serve him.
Everyone Says that the mission is the best 18 months or 2 years of their lives and now I know why. It isn't the funnest thing that I have ever done but it has been the thing of most worth that I have ever done. I have been changed by my mission. While before I knew what we believed know I understand and appreciate just how much God loves us.
He truly loves each and every one of us despite our shortcomings and weaknesses. I have never felt more inadequate than I have on my mission but now I can feel the strengthening hand of the Lord in my life. I am grateful for all of the amazing people that I have met on my mission. And for their love and support for me. My mission has never been easy. However, now I can say that with the strength of the Lord not only can I do hard things, but I can do all things.

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
          Alma 26:12

I love this work and will always wear this name tag on my heart. If you ever wonder if you should go on a mission or not, pray about and go! If that is what the lord wants, go!! If you are willing to work hard and be obedient you will not regret your decision!

I love you all so very much!! I will see you very soon!

For the last time,

Hermana Clarissa Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment