Monday, November 16, 2015

8 Days Left

Buenos días mi familia!!

Como están? Ojalá que su semana estuvo muy bueno! This week has completely flown by for me. I have not had a full day of work this entire week! It has been one of the happiest weeks of my mission for several reasons but now I will explain all that happened.

To start out, Wednesday we had our departing temple trip! I can't believe that it already happened. Usually it is the last Wednesday of the transfer but they had to do it before all of the other temple trips were scheduled to happen. So, we went to the temple in the morning with President and Sister Van Cott and it was amazing to be in the temple again. The spirit was strong and it was really cool to be in the temple with a lot of other missionaries. After the temple we took pictures and then went to the mission office where we wrote letters to ourselves while eating Cafe Rio, needless to say I was a very happy missionary, and then we went in and had a 4 hour question and answer session to help us get ready for going home. It was really helpful.

On Thursday we had our Zone Conference. It was honestly the best conference that I have been to on my mission. We talked about how we can become missionaries on fire. It has fundamentally changed the way that we do missionary work and even though it is harder it has already made the work so much better. We are talking to everyone and realizing that we can't keep teaching the people who are not ready to listen to our message. We have seen many results are our working on finding the elect and fearing no man. It was also really nice because the other Hermanas in our Zone brought us chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast because it was the last time that I would see them and Hermana Buttars' birthday is in Wednesday. Overall it was an amazing day.

I think the highlight of my week though was Saturday. In Saturday I got to go to the sealing of The Pineda Family. What a beautiful day that was!! I was a little nervous because the member driving me to the temple could only take me two hours before the session but I walked into the temple and saw them sitting in the waiting room I could feel my heart fill with joy. I cannot describe the happiness that I felt that night in the temple. As I was getting ready for the session to start members from my first area started coming in and it was a joyful reunion. The sealing was beautiful to watch Esmerelda and Israel get sealed and then to watch as their daughter got sealed to them. I will admit that I had tears in my eyes but I was so happy. There is something so incredibly amazing about seeing a family go from not nothing anything about the Gospel to watching them become an eternal family. Before I went into the session President and Sister Van Cott came into the temple for a different sealing and President Van Cott told me that I have the luckiest and best last week that any missionary could have. I could not agree more. I have been blessed in ways that I have never thought possible. I am eternally grateful for that experience. They looked beautiful

I can't believe there is only one week left!! We are going to be working very hard and we also get to go to the temple on Wednesday.
Also... Edith is getting baptized on Saturday! I will send pictures.

I am excited to see you all soon but I am going to finish strong! I love you all and know that this is the work of the Lord!


Love,
Hermana Morey


No comments:

Post a Comment