Monday, November 16, 2015

Faith

Dear Family and Friends!

This has been a long but good week! It almost feels like it has been two weeks because so many things have happened!

To start, we went on exchanges this past weekend and I got to go with Hermana Jaynes. I don't know if you remember but we went on exchanges last transfer as well. This time however, we went to her area. I think we were destined to be friends. For some reason whenever we are around each other we just can't stop laughing. Don't get me wrong, we got a lot of work done, but driving from appointment to appointment was really fun! She is a wonderful missionary and taught me a lot about working with leaders! Their bishop doesn't like missionaries so it makes it hard to work with them, however, they are working around that and still getting wonderful things done. 

Hermana Buttars went with Hermana West and she told me something that really helped me. Hermana West went to Indio right after I left. We literally just switched spots. She just recently got moved back to the Zone. However, she told me that when she went there almost none of the members would let them in. I was SHOCKED! They were so nice! Why weren't they letting them in?! Then she explained that almost every single one of them said "Well, you aren't Hermana Morey and we are busy." Wait.... what did you say?! She told me that ward loved me so much that they didn't want to meet the new missionary and since they didn't like my old companion.... they didn't see a reason. However, they did eventually start letting them in and listening to them. I felt terrible! But I also felt overwhelmed with love. I thought that area didn't like me very much but little did I know that whole ward knew who I was and appreciated the hard work that I was putting in. It reminding me of a part in my blessing that set me apart that said that others will be converted because they can feel the love of the Lord through You. 

Yesterday was also a marvelous Sunday. We had the Primary program at church and the little kids were adorable!!! The spirit was so strong and we had 7 investigators at church. A lot of people invited their non member families! It was wonderful! Then, that evening we held the baptism of Marisol Angulo. It was such an amazing baptism. The spirit was so extremely strong and she told us after that when she came out of the water she felt that she had just entered heaven. I am so happy for her and for her example. The first things that she said to me after the baptism was "Guess what!!! I am a Mormon!" We just laughed and told her that she was. I got to play the piano for the baptism and it was really nice to be able to add that little bit of testimony to the program.  

The thing that I would like to talk about right now is about the announcement that was made this past week. When we heard about it... we literally just said, that makes sense and moved on. I was shocked to hear that isn't how everyone else has been taking it. As Hermana Buttars and I talked about it this morning we realized the change that has happened while we have been missionaries. Before my mission this may have made me hesitant and confused. However, now, I understand a little bit more about what it means to follow the Lord. I also understand why returned missionaries offend people when we get home. It is because we have learned to be bold. Now, what I say comes with the deepest love for all who will read this. First, I feel like a lot of people who are angry and upset about this announcement don't understand two things. 1. The Restoration and 2. The Mercy and love of God. 

1. The Restoration. 
We believe that the church that Christ established while he was in the earth has been restored by a modern day prophet. We believe that the church is run by Jesus Christ through a living prophet and apostles. If we truly and honestly believe that then we know that this change did not come from the laws of Men but from God. God knows everything. We don't. We have to accept that and even if we don't understand why He makes this rules, we have to trust Him. He has the bigger picture! He loves us and knows what is best for us. Now we have to have faith to follow what HE says. 

2. God loves every one of his children more than we can understand. Now, we have to trust him! He has been so merciful that he is doing everything possible so that He is not condemning anyone. He gives every person a chance to keep His commandments. 

I know that this church is true. Even if I don't understand why God does what He does I will follow Him with every breath that I take. If you don't understand or you are now feeling lost or concerned about this change, just remember, is the Book of Mormon true? Do you believe that this church is run by God? Then go forward with faith and defend God. There are only two options. To sit back and murmur or to defend God. We each have to choose what side we will take. This morning I finished The Book of Mormon, not the whole book but the book my Mormon. I loved Mormon 9:25-27. Please go read it! 

I hope that you all had a wonderful week!!! Time is going far too quickly but I love this work and I am willing to defend this work and I am grateful to be given this opportunity! I love you all so much!

Love,
Hermana Morey


No comments:

Post a Comment