Monday, June 15, 2015

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!

Buenos Dias!!! Como estan? 


How was your week? I certainly hope it went well! School is officially out here so I can picture everyone at home just taking a break and going out and doing fun things. Work can be included in that list of fun if you can make it fun! That is what we try to do.

This past week was pretty crazy. On Monday and Tuesday I was up in Cathedral City with Sister Hall and we worked both areas for those two days. It was a little stressful but we seemed to make it just fine. Then on Wednesday we drove all the way up to Highland to get our new companions. I am with Hermana Jimenez!!! She is from New Jersey but her family is from Mexico. She is about 4 ft 11 in. I feel like I am back in Bolivia... just a little bit! She is really sweet and is such a great missionary. She has been out for 7 months and works really hard. I feel like we are going to get a lot of things done in this area! 

We have been working really hard this week to help Hna Jimenez get to know the people in our area. However, that has been super difficult because almost all of the members and investigators have been super busy and we haven't been able to see them. This week we had no progressing investigators. It was my first week in a while having that, but we will just find a way to help them. It was especially sad because on her first night here one of our investigators called us 5 minutes before the lesson to say that they didn't want us coming over anymore. It was so heart-breaking. They were investigators that were difficult but I could see them as some of the churches strongest members someday. However, I know that missionaries will stop by again someday and they will be more ready to hear this message. It was also a little hard to work with it being so hot! We got up to 111 degrees this week. I couldn't believe it. It is just hot! Hopefully we will adjust.

On Saturday we had our ward Father's Day Party! It was a lot of fun. They had decorated the Gym to look almost likes a sports bar with tons of games, soccer playing on a big tv, lots of food, etc. It was a lot of fun. We got Salvador to go and I think he really enjoyed it. That reminds me! Happy Father's Day dad!!! I hope that you have a wonderful day and that you get to relax and enjoy a beautiful summer Sunday! :) Thank you so much for your emails and all that you are doing for me. I really appreciate it!

I know that was short but that is everything for this week! I hope you know that I love you all and that this work is amazing! We are working hard and with the iPads that we are getting on Wednesday we will be able to work even harder! This is the Lord's work and I am grateful to be one of His servants out here in California.

Thank you so much for everything that you do for me. I love you all so very much!!!

Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment