Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Artlet

Buenos Dias!!! Como estan?! Ojola que todo esta bien con ustedes!!!!


How are you all doing? I hope you have had a wonderful week! I can't believe that it was the end of the transfer. Sometimes it feels like you blink and all of a sudden everything is changing. Don't get me wrong, I love changes, but it goes so quickly! 

This week was a pretty crazy week. Do you remember how we asked you all to pray for Arlet? For her mom to give us permission to baptize her? Well after a lot of fasting and prayer we called. So, let me set up this scene for you. We are in the Relief Society room with the long square table. There are 8 missionaries gathered around this table all staring at the red phone in my hand. If anyone had walked in they would have thought we were crazy. The tension in the room could have been cut with a knife! Now, on to the story. She answered the phone and sounded really nice! I introduced us and told her how we knew Arlet and how Arlet had asked to be baptized. She told us that Arlet had already been baptized.... We all looked at each other and then the District Leader whispered "Just say that she wants to be baptized again." So I did. She paused for a moment... and then said "Well, I don't see why not! It is the same God and if she wants to do this for Him than that is okay with me!" We ended the call and then there was a mini missionary party! We were all SO happy!!! It honestly was a miracle. I learned that God listens to prayers and he will prepare a way for His children to keep the commandments. Also, I know Spanish. I learned that too.

We spent a lot of this week preparing for the baptism and it couldn't have come at a better time. Transfers. We felt like I was going to be leaving and that Hermana Yeager was going to stay here. Also, she told me a couple days ago that she had a bad feeling that she was going to train... well, on Saturday we got a call saying that Hna Yeager is training! However, She is going to be white-wash training in a new area. I will be staying here and Hermana Jimenez is going to be my new companion. I am so excited! I have served around her before and she is really fun. She if from New Jersey but she is a Native Spanish speaker. I am so excited for this!

The work is going on! I have noticed that when we are diligent, that is when we see the results. I made it a goal to ask everyone for referrals every time I talked to them. I wasn't perfect at it but I knew it would bring blessings. On Saturday andSunday we received 8 referral families. I couldn't believe it. The Lord ALWAYS keeps His promise. No matter what.

I am so grateful for this opportunity to share this gospel. It honestly is here to help us to understand that there is a way to be happy! This life is hard, but we can still be happy. :) 

I love you all so very much. Thank you so much for all of your prayers in my behalf, and for all of my investigators as well. It honestly makes a difference. 

Have a wonderful week!!!

Love,

Hermana Morey



No comments:

Post a Comment