Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Year Mark

Hello my dearest family,

How are you doing this week? Can you believe that May is almost over? I sure cant'! I don't know if you realized it but I hit my year mark on Sunday. That was weird. I still feel really new and un-experienced! However, I am the 2nd oldest spanish sister in the mission!

This week was pretty good. Last Tuesday we had a lesson with Hna Escudero and I felt strongly to promise her that if she sincerely prayed daily to see if June 14th was when she should be baptized and came to the baptism on Saturday that she would not only feel but see angels. The spirit was SO strong I could almost reach out and grab it. All week we were super excited and just waiting and waiting. Saturday rolled around and we were all at the baptism. It was an amazingly powerful baptism because 3 kids were getting baptized and one has autism but can function pretty well. We talked to her after and just said that she was only confused as to why it was in English and then left. Then, on Sunday she didn't come. Her son said that she didn't want to. We invited her to another baptism and she didn't come. I was really upset. I couldn't understand why I felt so strongly to promise her those blessings and then have her just drop. However, today I had a meeting with President Van Cott for interviews and he explained that if that is not what she wanted, if this gospel is not what she truly wants, then God isn't going to send her an angel and waste her time. Something like that. We are granted blessings according to our desires. 

The Hermana Conference went really well. No, we are not all getting banished to Mexico mom! It was interesting because we sat down and President Van Cott asked us why we were there? We were all silent. He said "I don't even know why we are here. I just have had so many promptings to have one of these meetings that I couldn't put it off any longer!" I thought that was really interesting. A sister mentioned that maybe it is because so many are new and struggling. That was not the reason. The reason was to help us with what we felt like we needed! We talked about learning the language, planning, and just missionary work. It was really nice to have that spiritual uplifting. Now, tomorrow we have our iPad training with Elder Gonzalez. We won't get the iPads right away but we are training for them and will be finding out all of the information. I am really interested to see how it will change the work that we do! 

This email is pretty short but I hope you know that the Lord lives and loves each and every one of us. That is something that I have really been feeling today. The Love that heavenly father has for us is there to help us grow. If we aren't struggling we aren't progressing. Sometimes we just sit and are happy and don't have problems but we aren't learning the lessons that we need to. As I have struggled in the mission I try to think that means that I am drawing closer to God. It says in the scriptures that as we draw closer to God we are shown our weaknesses. So it is okay to feel weak, but just rely on the Lord that He will keep us going! 

I know that the Lord is with me. Even when things don't go according to MY plan, I know that it is better to follow HIS plan.

Thank you so much for all of your love and support! You are always in my prayers!
Love,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment