Thursday, April 23, 2015

We are all just sinners trying to be better.



Hello my dear family and friends! How are you all doing?!

This week has been a lot better. I am not quite sure why, but things FINALLY seem to be picking up!! We have been able to see more people, set up appointments, do service, and so much more!!!

This week we were able to do several things of service which helped a lot. The first one was we helped the English sisters sand drawers for a lady in their ward. We all were in charge of one drawer and it took forever but it was a lot of fun! The member who we did service for has a son who served his mission in Riverton and West Jordan which I thought was cool! After that she gave us some of her famous home-made ice cream with strawberry sauce on it. It was divine! I loved it. The second serve that we did was helping set up for the Relief Society dinner that we had on Friday. It looked beautiful and it was a really fun night for all who got to go.

This week we did our weekly planning with the Sister Training Leaders. A couple weeks ago they did their planning with President and even though it is a harder way to plan it works a lot better! They taught us how to do it and we are already seeing an amazing difference in our area. It just involves planning every little detail, days, making higher goals, and making it fun! They showed us so many ways to make missionary work fun but effective. As we did that we don't have as many awkward time gaps and always seem to have a million things to do. I can't even believe how quickly this week flew by! 

We are working a lot with trying to get Salvador and Emmanuel ready for baptism. Salvador is Emmanuel's dad and Emmanuel is 14 years old. They both love everything we are teaching but they just don't come to church! We are going to be working very hard with that. It is such an amazing experience to watch the gospel help people change their lives. It is a slow process but the light and happiness that we get to see from them makes every hard moment worth it. 

This mission is the hardest and most rewarding thing that I have ever done. It is rewarding because of the things that I have seen change in other people and in myself as well. We are all just sinners trying to be better. I am so far from perfect but I know that as long as I am doing my best that everything will be okay. I a so grateful for my Savior who has helped me every step of the way.

I am also grateful for you and all that you do for me. I am constantly amazed at all that you do for me. Please know how much I love you and know that you are always in my prayers. 

Love always,
Hermana Morey





No comments:

Post a Comment