Monday, April 13, 2015

Coachella

Happy April everyone!!!!

I can't believe it is almost halfway through April! Time right now is going really slowly but quickly as well. I don't even know what to think about it.

To start off, have you heard of Coachella Festival? Apparently it is one of the biggest Music festivals in the nation.... and it is less than a block away from my apartment. It has been crazy here! Apparently Justin Beber, Katy Perry, Drake, Niki Manaj, and a ton of other people are just walking around down here on the weekends. There are a TON of people down here for the festival. We just have to be careful because people are drinking a lot and then they feel okay to drive. We can even hear the music from our apartment. It has been really weird to here these songs again.

This week I went on Exchanges with Sister Jones! I was a little worried at first but I went to her area and it was the best exchnge that I have had on my mission. She taught me so much about how to create a full and busy day out of nothing, how to work with members that don't want to help, how to be happy while doing missionary work, and so much more. I really needed it more than I had thought I did! She is such a good missionary and it was weird to be in an English area. I don't think you understand how different Spanish and English wards are! 

Our little area is still struggling. We are trying so hard to find people to teach and have lessons with people but we are struggling. The area has so much potential but we haven't been able to get it to work yet. We are working so hard and I am super tired. Even though our numbers aren't the highest we know that we are doing our best and don't feel guilty which is how you know it counts. 

Funny story: our mission president had the idea that when we take birthday cards to members that we should get them signed by their neighbors! "If they aren't willing to sign a birthday card they aren't ready to receive the restored gospel." that is so true!!!! We had a lot of people just say no. However, the people who said yes were people who you could tell would love to hear our message. We had several birthdays this past week so we took around the birthday cards and we got answers like..." I would prefer not to.", "I don't even know them", "Yeah, no" and so much more. We were SO frustrated. I even remember thinking, Jesus would sign a birthday card... and I just realized that the world isn't as friendly as it used to be. We just need to work on being friendly to everyone! That is after all, what Jesus WOULD do. :) 

I love you all so very much. I hope you are doing well! Thank you so much for all that you do for us. We pray for all of you daily. The Lord is aware of all of our needs and will bless us as we are faithful.

Love always,
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment