Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hitting the CCM

Family!!! I am so sorry but I don´t have a lot of time! Also, please forgive my grammer, this keyboard is different!!! Oh my goodness what an adventure this has been already!! After I left you in the airport I found the missionaries flying with me and they were all very nice and we became friends quickly! I really like them all! A lot of the missionaries that you saw were flying to Atlanta with us but they then flew to the Peru MTC. There were a lot of them! It was weird being on a plane for so long without being able to read a book or anything but we spent most of the time talking, reading our scriptures, writing in journals, or trying to sleep. When we got to Atlanta one of the sisters thought she knew were she was going and tried to lead us to our gate. We only had 13 minutes after we landed until we were supposed to be bording our other plane on the opposite side of the Atlanta Airport. We spent all 13 going the WRONG WAY!!! We ran back and found the train that would take us to our terminal and ran to the gate. I was praying so hard that we wouldn´t miss our flight and the Lord heard my prayers! We made it!! The second flight was really long and we ended up having 14 missionaries coming to the Colombia CCM. 5 Elderes and 9 Hermanas. We didn´t get to the CCM until 11:30pm and were all very tired. Pres. Dyer was really nice, showed us to our rooms and let us sleep. I am in a room with 5 other Hns and they are all super nice. I had such a hard time trying to sleep last night. I am sure that I was the last one asleep. It was hard because I realized how much I miss you and I had this overwhelming feeling that I can´t do this. It was amazingly hard. I spent all night praying and felt a lot better about staying. We all got up at six and took showers because every morning starting at 7:00 we have Book of Mormon study for an hour. Then we went to breakfast and it is hard because we have to eat everything on our plate and I haven{t been hungry but have felt really sick. I got my companion!!! Her name is Hermana Rhoton. She is really nice and we get along well. She is from Idaho. (You can find her on my facebook!)We then got all of our material!! Goodness gracious my bags are really heavy!! I am doing my best though. It is a little hard because they didn´t give us time to unpack so we have to do it on the few minutes when we have spare time. I swear that everything I needed in the past 12 hours was at the bottom of my suitcase. I am surving though. This is hard. At times I don´t think that I will make it the whole 18 months. I don´t even know if I will make it the week. However, before I left Zack told me to just focus on surviving the day. That has been helping a lot because thinking about the whole time is too overwhelming. I promise that I will try my very best to be the best missionary possible. Hopefully things will get a little easier soon. I should be getting my nametag soon! Then maybe I will actually feel like a missionary. OH! Before I forget, my first P-day isn´t until next Friday. So you won´t hear from me until then. However, after that my P-day will be on Tuesday! I don´t quite understand that part yet. It is so weird to see everything in Spanish. While we were at the Airport people would come up and talk to us and wish us luck. It is beautiful and the people are really nice. I really need to learn Spanish though. I am using all the Spanish I know so far! I am surprised at how I can use some of it. It will be nice when I speak more Spanish because most people here don´t speak very good English. I feel like things will be easier when I have gotten some sleep. I am exhausted. I just can´t sleep! oh my goodness, I love you all so much!!! I wish I had gotten to spend more time with you before I left where I wasn´t so stressed. The goodbyes were probably the hardest part. Beth, good luck at your Tennis Tournament!! Mom and Mere, good luck at work!! I miss you but will see you in not too long!! I need to go. Good luck!!
 
Your Bolivian Missionary,
 
Hermana Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment